4x12 three quarter and 2x12 metal grill

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarsawicki

Reaction score
My previous amp was Mark III combo with 1x12 EVM12L Thiele cabinet. My second amp is Sundown A50 head with Mesa
Boogie 2x12 metal grill cabinet. I bought Mark V 90W head and I need some new cabinet. Mesa Boogie 2x12 metal grill cabinet (C90 and EVM12L) is great with Mark V but those are hard to find. I found Three quarter 4xC90 cabinet and I liked it. Three quarter is darker than 2x12 metal grill. Mark V adjustments were done with 2x12 metal grill and when I added some presence Mark V sounded right also with Three quarter 4x12. Presence increment was sometihing like from 9 nine o'clock to half past 10.

I play rock and clean channel is very important for me.

And my question is:

Why are those cabinets discontinued

I would guess they where discontinued purely due to demand. If they were really popular any company with common sense would keep on selling them. If they weren't so popular, then the company would discontinue and try again with something else. Probably another victim of being designed and released before their time.

Back