Pedalboard switching options

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jfriley

Reaction score
I’m hoping there is a (simple) solution for this. I’m trying to figure out how to stop “tap dancing” and hook up a loop pedal that lets me change the channels on my Mark V 35 as well as adjust the pedals with only one button. I’d like to get a clean tone with some chorus on channel 1 of the amp, a metal rhythm tone on channel two, and a lead tone engaging the Solo boost as well as effects (delay, phaser, chorus, etc).
Here is my current pedal board setup. It may not be the “correct” order, but this seems to work for me. The signal chain is a bit complex:

Guitar>tuner>drop pedal>Wah/Volume>Phaser>OD>the input jack on the Sentry Noise Gate (leaving from the Send slot on the NG)> the front of the amp.

Inside the effect loop it goes to the passive attenuator>the return of the Sentry (this lets the NG operate in front of the amp, and inside the loop)>chorus>delay>back to the loop.

The board is a Voodoolabs Dingbat with built in Powerpedal power supply. They make the PX8 looper designed to go with it:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PX-8Plus--voodoo-lab-px-8-plus-8-loop-pedal-switcher?gclid=CjwKCAjwhcjVBRBHEiwAoDe5xwEdxBa9G8Qc9hxNO_IS9ChnXsS6gMFYvovEM-UpOITsHE3-ZnFiixoCtUwQAvD_BwE

I know the PX8 could control all the stuff on the board, but does Mesa, Voodoolabs, or a 3rd party make a cable that would let me run the Mark V 35 channel switcher into the PX8 as well? How does everyone else solve their tapdancing needs? (I should have mentioned I don't want to dump all this gear and buy a multi-effects board)

Thanks

20180225_005752906_iOS_zpsvzhuqgbd.jpg
[/url]

You basically need something like Mastermind Pedal Effects switcher - https://www.rjmmusic.com/products/mastermind-pbc/

Midi pedal with loops built in.

Back