Mark Five:35 weight

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiki295

Reaction score
I briefly got to play with a Five:35 in a store. It sounded great like my Mark IIC+ Simulclass, but it was really light.

Yeah, I'm an old man - I judge amps by their weight first.

Are all the Five:35's this light? I forgot to check what speaker was in it, and it's been sold since. Maybe it had a Neo speaker?

It's listed as being 44lbs; I don't know if that's light or heavy for you, but I will say carrying it from the house to your car and back isn't terribly awkward. No idea what the science behind this is, why other amps of nearly the same weight would "feel" heavier. Probably something to do with the handle and its dimensions, or maybe I just at a healthy breakfast that morning, but it's really not a beast at all.

The head is only 27lbs, by the way... don't know if you need all-in-one convenience or are absolutely in love with the sound of the combo, but if you're willing to take two trips, a head (27lbs) + 1x12" cabinet (approx. 35 lbs) would offer you lighter individual loads and more sonic possibilities.

I put a Celestion Neo Creamback in my MV:35 combo - it's now weighing in at 37lbs. To me, I don't hear a difference between the factory speaker and the Celestion Neo, but at load-out time, I like the new lower weight.

Pongo said:
It's listed as being 44lbs; I don't know if that's light or heavy for you, but I will say carrying it from the house to your car and back isn't terribly awkward. No idea what the science behind this is, why other amps of nearly the same weight would "feel" heavier. Probably something to do with the handle and its dimensions, or maybe I just at a healthy breakfast that morning, but it's really not a beast at all.

The head is only 27lbs, by the way... don't know if you need all-in-one convenience or are absolutely in love with the sound of the combo, but if you're willing to take two trips, a head (27lbs) + 1x12" cabinet (approx. 35 lbs) would offer you lighter individual loads and more sonic possibilities.

Even with the Black Shadow speaker, 44lbs is pretty doable. My old Mark IIC+ simul at least 85-100lbs, and there’s a reason I don’t gig with that anymore

Back