Volume drop all channels. Need advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckocher

Reaction score
I have a problem. I bought my V brand new in 2010. I was playing at home tonight. Full power, 90 Watts. I switched channels and immediately had volume drop, all channels. Could someone give me some advice on what could be the problem. I put the amp on standby, tried again and same problem. Thanks. I love this amp so I’m concerned

If the amp cuts out unexpectedly, before you hit stand-by switch take a look at the power tubes. Usually one in the center or both may be cooking (red plating). If it is related to power chords and the amp suddenly looses volume, it could be the power tubes as well or the Rectifier tube beginning to fail and pulling the diodes and power supply down.

My footswitch has caused an issue like that for me, the FX and EQ turned off until I reseated the DIN cable of the footswitch but at 2010 you are well due for some tubes also.
Replacing tubes is easy in a Mesa BTW one of the many great things I have always liked about them.

Back