Newb question on footswitchable effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 41160

Reaction score
I have mostly played Line6 amps my whole guitar playing life. I got a traditional amp about two years ago and I’ve been building up my pedalboard to a point I’m pretty darn happy. However. I’m ready to upgrade my amp and the Mesa boogie Mark series looks right up my ally.

I’d really like to be able to have the effects loop engaged on the clean channel and off for the second channel so when I flip to Clean I can minimize the tap dancing.

This is likely just life of a guitarist with pedals but it seems like the Mark V can do this. Problem is the MarkV is a bit overkill. A Mark V 25 or 35 is actually what fits me better due to low wattage needs.

Should I consider anything else?

Am I missing anything obvious?

The 90w Mark v can do this via the fx select switch on the back. You can select fx off, on all, on ch1, on ch2 or on ch3. It can't select on ch 1 and 2, or on ch 2 and 3 though. Not sure on the 25 and 35 versions but would assume they have something similar which would suit your needs.

The 25 and 35 don't have the switchable effects loop that the 90 has. If you get into the JP-2C, the new TC-50 and TC-100, those all have midi switching capabilities that include channel, loop, reverb, solo control. I have both the 90 and 35, and I keep the loops active all the time, irrespective of the channel. Some occasional tap dancing, but as long as I don't face-plant, it'll be fine! And all three amps are amazing!!

Back