FX Loop with simple latching footswitch?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcshaw87

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already but I searched and couldn't really find anything that made sense to me. Basically, I need a much more simpler solution for controlling the FX loop on/off switch. The Mark V footswitch layout has the FX button over channel 2 and I suck at tapping it without accidentally changing to channel 2 in a live setting. I've seen the single button latching switch (with no LED) and I'm not sure if this will work for FX only? The external switching inputs on the back of the amp only have ch 2, ch 3, solo, and eq. So I'm thoroughly confused. What about FX, reverb, and ch 1? Are those just not supported with external switching? Any help from all the gurus on here would be much appreciated! *deep bow*

dcshaw87 said:
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already but I searched and couldn't really find anything that made sense to me. Basically, I need a much more simpler solution for controlling the FX loop on/off switch. The Mark V footswitch layout has the FX button over channel 2 and I suck at tapping it without accidentally changing to channel 2 in a live setting. I've seen the single button latching switch (with no LED) and I'm not sure if this will work for FX only? The external switching inputs on the back of the amp only have ch 2, ch 3, solo, and eq. So I'm thoroughly confused. What about FX, reverb, and ch 1? Are those just not supported with external switching? Any help from all the gurus on here would be much appreciated! *deep bow*

CH1 is the default when neither of the other channel switches are active, therefore it doesn't need it's own jack. FX and Reverb are only switchable via the footswitch unfortunately as far as I'm aware.

There are some midi to Jack options available from the likes of RJM and Voodoo labs if you wanna go down the Midi route. I used to run a voodoo control switcher via midi from a boss gt8 quite effectively. I only used the midi to switching jacks on it to change channels and the GT'S own external switcher to kick solo boost in and out. I believe there is an option to plug the channel switcher into the footswitch jack on the Mark? That might possibly have the full functionality of the normal footswitch but I'm not sure on that. Either way, this is a relatively expensive fix for your problem.

Maybe a somewhat bodge job but still solution would be to stick some sort of block between the ch2 switch and the one above it to protect the ch2 from your foot a bit better. Crap workaround but at least it might help.

Thanks Wayno. Yeah, that's what I thought. I haven't opened it up yet, so I don't know if it's a valid approach, but I was even thinking of maybe re-arranging the footswitch and swapping the solo button with the FX button (so the FX button is on the bottom right)? That's probably a stupid idea but I'm trying to think outside the box a little bit. :?

And now I'm having a problem where the FX loop is always on even though everything is set to footswitch and the FX button is off!! Scratching my head...

Funny thing is the FX light on the head never comes on (no matter what), the footswitch FX light toggles back and forth but the FX remains on no matter what. Even when I move the selector on the back to FX on Ch 1 only, it's on for ch 3. Jacked to say the least. :cry:

Sorry... off topic. I'll stop now.

Just a thought, sure I remember when people have had issues like this before cycling through the switches whilst in standby has been a cure. Might work for your fx light issue?

Oh man! I will definitely give that a try when I get home today! I called Boogie and the support person said it sounded like the FX relay was stuck open/on. Luckily, it's still under warranty so I was planning on dropping it off with my local repair shop (5 week wait). If this fixes it, I'll be one happy dude. Thanks again Wayno! I'll let you know the results.

Didn't work... off to the repair shop for me. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll post the culprit and the fix once I get her back. It may help someone in the future.

Latest posts

Back