Mark V 35 Speaker Choice for 2nd Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Mesa speaker in an Orange PPC 1x12

• Fillmore 75

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • C90

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • V30

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dcgoodwin2112

Reaction score
I'm currently running a Mesa Mark V 35 head into a Lonestar 23 1x12 with a C90. I'm considering a speaker swap in my Orange PPC 1X12 to convert it to 8ohm and using it as the bottom cab in a stack with the Lonestar cab. I play with a pretty eclectic prog band, so versatility is the main thing I'm going for. What speaker would you all recommend for this application?

Thanks in advance!

I voted for the V30 for one reason. I the orange cab is closed back, the Mesa V30 sounds great and complements the MC90. I have done this with the Mark V combo when I had the MC90 installed and really loved the tone when combined with the V30. You will get some depth and other tone coloration that works really good with the MC90. If the Orang has stock speakers in it, most likely they are the Chinese variety of the V30 which does have a different tone when compared to the English version. I am not too familiar with the Filmore speaker but I would opt for that as an alternative. I believe that is used in the Rectoverb 25. I did look at the Mesa online store and noticed they are selling the other Celesiton varieties including the Crème 90W Alnico, the Gold Alnico, and both Creambacks (65/75). That is interesting... wonder what is coming next?

I totally agree with Bandit. The V30 (or its Eminence or Warehouse equivalent) will really compliment the MC90. It will give you the low end thump that an open back cab or combo usually cannot muster. It also will add some warmth to your overall sound.

Latest posts

Back