Mark V won't turn on, help please!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sergio

Reaction score
My Mark V have problem.
I was playing guitar when I suddenly turned off. Disconnect it from the power, then turn it on and turn it back on. The fuse did not burn, I changed all the power tubes and the rectifier and did not start. Please help with what could be. :cry: :cry:
I have experience with tube problems, I tried all I know, but didn't work.

For starters, double check the fuse, if it looks good it can still be bad. Can you test fuse with a DVM (digital multi meter)?
Check the power cable and make sure it is seated properly. If that does not work, Remove the tube rectifier (also confirm the rectifier is in the proper location, it is the socket closet to the power cable. If tubes are in the wrong place, nothing will work. You can also remove all power tubes as a last resort as a tube may be causing the issue and preventing the amp from turning on. If you get no lights when the amp power is turned on (amp in stand-by) that is usually a fuse or power cable problem or electrical outlet the amp is plugged into. However the rectifier tube is part of the power supply circuit and if that is shorting it will swamp the power transformer from reaching its operating point which will prevent the other supplies connected to the transformer to remain off.

Latest posts

Back