Mark V:35 head power cable stowage

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinality

Reaction score
Whenever I pack up my new V:35 head, which I use for frequent gigs, I wind up slipping the power cable in loops under the tube cage, over the reverb tank...and then finally poke the plug past the tube cage, where it will sometimes stay. It's never a pretty sight, and I hate diddling around among the lightweight signal cables and preamp tubes.

Does anybody have a better strategy for head AC cable management? (I will say that I like amps with deliberate strategies for cable transport, like Evans. On most of my amps I unplug the AC cable, but on these Boogies the jack is hidden and hard to reach. I'm thinking about have a Studio Slips clamshell case made with a slot opening into the storage pocket, so I can just coil the cable up and stick it in the pocket.)

Thanks if anybody has discovered a better approach.

I won't help you much because I do the exact same thing on the Mark V 90W head, wrap up the cable, use a velcro tie, and stuff it in below the tube cage, hoping part of it won't fall through the cut-out slot in the bottom of the chassis. It seems to work OK. The head is always transported with the cover on, which helps keep the cable in there. I also keep the earplug case and Snark tuner on the top of the amp under the cover. It has worked well for 5 years now for local transport to practice, gigs.

mace said:
I won't help you much because I do the exact same thing on the Mark V 90W head, wrap up the cable, use a velcro tie, and stuff it in below the tube cage, hoping part of it won't fall through the cut-out slot in the bottom of the chassis. It seems to work OK. The head is always transported with the cover on, which helps keep the cable in there. I also keep the earplug case and Snark tuner on the top of the amp under the cover. It has worked well for 5 years now for local transport to practice, gigs.

But of course the V has a lot more space behind those big tubes. The V:35 is pretty snug. Velcro isn't an option, I need to slip the coils in one by one. Oh well, the clamshell case is starting to sound good.

Latest posts

Back