Anyone here using the Mesa 2x12 vertical slant cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mink

Reaction score
I'm about to order the Mesa 2x12 vertical slant cab loaded with Vintage 30s. Any experiences with this cab? I'm a non-metal player, going for the more vintage-friendly side of the Mark V.
Thanks!

I have one, very nice cab. Probably one of my favorite cabs that I have. Has great balance between the midrange and high end and plenty of bottom. Compared to its horizontal counterpart I like the Vertical 212 better as I have both in the studio. The Vert 212 sounds huge when compared to the lager OS Recto 412 cabs as I have that too. For me it is a favorite for the JP-2C and the TC-50. I have run my Mark V combo though it as well. It seems to be ideal as a reference to compare other cabs too. I am overly impressed with it and have been considering getting another one so I do not have to share with two heads. It may weigh 70lbs but it is very easy to pick up due to the two recessed side handles. The casters also aid with moving and transport and it does not seem to get top heavy with the amp on top (heads only). The Mark V head is about the same size as the Vertical 212 cabinet and sits just right on top. It will move plenty of air but not as much as the 412 cab.

Very very cool - thanks for the reply! This will actually be my first closed-back cab ever, so I'm sure it'll take some getting used to. But my hope is that I like it, and the Vintage 30s too.

Just got mine. I can't say I have enough bottom in mine, so I swapped out the V30 (only had one in it, the other was a Celestion G12M-70 that I pulled even before hearing it). I now have 2 WGS British Leads in it. I am so accustomed to open back cabs, that I think I will make a partial open back panel for mine. The jury is still out until I get to hear it an an appropriate volume. Even when it comes to speakers, tone is still subjective.

Back