Mark V 25 Noise levels unbearable

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty_b

Reaction score
Hi there
First post here - sorry if this has been asked before. I searched and haven't been able to find anything on the troubles I'm having.
I recently acquired this amp secondhand. Sounds amazing but the noise is ridiculous at times.
I've replaced one preamp valve but the fan noise is quite noticeable at all times on both channels. When using it to record the fan noise is evident in all tracks. Using the cab clone feature straight into a PA is also unusable.
I also have a Butler Tube Driver which has never caused an issue with other amps I have owned. Even though I have the gain dialled down on channel 2 and the Butler TD is really just giving a push to the signal it buzzes like crazy when kicked in...once again sounds terrible in the studio and live.
The fan sounds like it is working hard as soon as I switch the amp on. Is that normal? Other people have claimed their amps are dead silent on both channels.
I really need to find a solution to these issues ASAP.
Thanks so much for your time.

Tube roll. Switch out the new tube with each one one at at time. Make sure that the one new one is an SPax7.
Also try putting a mesa 12AT7 in your V2 tubeslot.

I usually call Mesa directly and they are always happy to troubleshoot with me and usually I get the problem figured out. I have the Mark V25 and the Mark V 35 and I do notice the 25 is a tad louder than the 35 but not as bad as you describe. Hope you get it figured out.

Latest posts

Back