New/Used Mark V Sound from rear. Not the fan.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixman5150

Reaction score
I just got a used Mark V a few days ago. Yesterday I had the amp on standbye and turned off the fan I noticed that the amp makes noise similar to a gas stove running(thats my best way to explain it) coming from the rear. Is this normal? I know all amps will make some kind of sound. It just seems a lot louder then any other I've ever owned.

I believe that is normal for a step up filament transformer. JP-2C has no fans and neither does the Roadster and both make some weird sound almost like they had a low speed fan running with bad bearings.... but not quite that bad....

I would just look at the power tubes while in standby to make sure none of them are going crazy and maybe check the channels in various different wattage settings and rectifier source. If everything is functioning normally, then my guess is it's probably a normal noise. But i'm certainly no amp tech (in case that wasn't painfully obvious).

Latest posts

Back