4x12 advise for MV25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richprice79

Reaction score
I am shopping for a 4x12 at guitar center (I am using their gear card) and wanted some advise on these cabs for my Mark V 25. Do any of you have any experience with the cabinets below? Is one considered better for heavy music than the others?

Peavey 430a 4x12 399.99
wFKdmrk.png

Marshall 1960A 300W 399.99
8Rz1ayZ.png

Engl E412SS Standard Slanted 240W 599.99
beFUpGT.png

Well after driving myself nuts looking at used cabs my wife walked in and said why dont you just buy a Mesa cab so it matches..... I said well because they cost more. She replies but it matches.... So long story short I ordered a brand new Mesa 2x12 vertical cab for 700 shipped. :lol:

Cant wait
YzPCw8U.jpg

I would go with a Mesa 1x12 or 2x12 or 4x12 they just sound better than any other cab

Well I got my cabinets in and I tried the Recto-Verb 25 and Mark V 25 on both and found that the Recto-Verb sounded pretty good on the Mesa 2x12 Vertical cab but the Mark V 25 on the Mark DV 2x12 Vertical cab with V30's sounds amazing. So I thought I would share my setups. I think I found a sleeper with the Mark DV cab as it is absolutely killer sounding. I will add some pics later.

richprice79 said:
Well I got my cabinets in and I tried the Recto-Verb 25 and Mark V 25 on both and found that the Recto-Verb sounded pretty good on the Mesa 2x12 Vertical cab but the Mark V 25 on the Mark DV 2x12 Vertical cab with V30's sounds amazing. So I thought I would share my setups. I think I found a sleeper with the Mark DV cab as it is absolutely killer sounding. I will add some pics later.

Here are my rig pics as promised.

8TP2iwGh.jpg

ooRhcTqh.jpg

uF32wXYh.jpg

Latest posts

Back