Toska - Raebea Massaad tones

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredhead72

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been obsessed with the "Ode to the Author" ep by the UK's "Toska".

I know the guitarist uses a Victory Kraken with 6L6 for his full gain tone and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on how to get close to that sound with the Mark V combo.

He plays in Drop C and uses a pretty high output pickup (bareknuckle warpig).

Really great prog metal instrumental album if you haven't heard it.

He has a video on YouTube where he is demoing the JP2C. I can't remember if it's from his channel or one of the Andertons channels. It should be easy to find. I know the JP2C isn't the mark V but it's close enough. He has the amp dialed in to a sound he likes. It's not much of a demo really as he just plays around with settings he likes. I never liked his tones from any amp really and that demo is no different. Just my opinion. But for someone trying to get his tone with a V, I think it's a good place to start.

Thanks man. I'll search out that vid - not sure how I missed it. I watch all the Anderton's stuff regularly.

I'm generally not into Djent or down tuned super high gain stuff, but I think the Ode to the Author ep is a gem.

I listened through that album a couple of times after you mentioned it. I didn't know he was in another band like this one. I was very surprised. Raebea is very talented. I didn't much care for the drums though. Everything else was great.

Latest posts

Back