What's the actual weight of the Mark V 1x12 combo?

Discussion for the new Mark V

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

tele_jas
Single Recto

What's the actual weight of the Mark V 1x12 combo?

Post by tele_jas » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:22 pm

The Mesa website has it listed at 65 pounds.... All the online retailers (like Sweetwater), have it listed at 80 pounds?

I know, why don't I just put mine on the scale??? Well, I had back surgery a month ago and am at a 40 pound limit and will be able to work up to 60-ish in another month. But if it's actually 80 pounds, I'm going to have to look at alternatives really soon! Even my doctor said "there's no need to carry around that much weight, when you can use something lighter" (he's a drummer).

I've already got it listed in several places trying to trade the cab for an empty head shell, but have had no luck.

So, if anyone has actually weighed it.... I'd really like to know the actual weight?
Dr. Z Maz Jr Mk.II * Dr. Z Stingray * Mesa TA30 * Some Telecasters ** EVH * Wolfgang * Bunch-O-Pedals!

jb's 52
Mark IV

Re: What's the actual weight of the Mark V 1x12 combo?

Post by jb's 52 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:28 pm

I weighed mine at 78 pounds.
♫♫♫♫

Union Down

------
Mark V Head
Roadster Head
2x12 Recto Horizontal

tele_jas
Single Recto

Post by tele_jas » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:25 pm

jb's 52 wrote:I weighed mine at 78 pounds.
Thank you!

I thought it weighed more than 65.
Dr. Z Maz Jr Mk.II * Dr. Z Stingray * Mesa TA30 * Some Telecasters ** EVH * Wolfgang * Bunch-O-Pedals!

jb's 52
Mark IV

Post by jb's 52 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:31 pm

tele_jas wrote:
jb's 52 wrote:I weighed mine at 78 pounds.
Thank you!

I thought it weighed more than 65.
Yeah...78 in the afternoon 150 after 2am :(
♫♫♫♫

Union Down

------
Mark V Head
Roadster Head
2x12 Recto Horizontal

tele_jas
Single Recto

Post by tele_jas » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:12 am

jb's 52 wrote:
Yeah...78 in the afternoon 150 after 2am :(
Ain't that the truth!!!

Nicklotsaguitars
Mark III

Post by Nicklotsaguitars » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:49 pm

about the same as my Dodge
some guitars and some amps

SamuelJ86
Mark III

Post by SamuelJ86 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:37 pm

When I bought mine, years ago, I was driving an '02 camaro. I bought it from a local dealer and it took 3 of us to get it in my camaro. In its original box it wouldn't even fit. I remember almost instantly getting buyers remorse and I hadn't even left the parking lot. I thought, how the heck am I even going to take this behemoth anywhere?? I got better at it over the years but that thing is a beast to get from A to B.
PRS 408
Les Paul Custom 08
Edwards Alexi
Mark V
JP2C

tele_jas
Single Recto

Post by tele_jas » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:45 pm

SamuelJ86 wrote:When I bought mine, years ago, I was driving an '02 camaro. I bought it from a local dealer and it took 3 of us to get it in my camaro. In its original box it wouldn't even fit. I remember almost instantly getting buyers remorse and I hadn't even left the parking lot. I thought, how the heck am I even going to take this behemoth anywhere?? I got better at it over the years but that thing is a beast to get from A to B.
My car isn't a Camaro, but it's a 2 door Pontaic G5 (like a Chevy Colbalt).... It's a pain in the butt to load my gear in, but it gets 33 mpg and I drive almost 80 miles a day round-trip to work and back.

I may look into the Mark 5:35
Last edited by tele_jas on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicklotsaguitars
Mark III

Post by Nicklotsaguitars » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Is that 33 mpg, not mph Tele Jas?

tele_jas
Single Recto

Post by tele_jas » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:38 pm

Nicklotsaguitars wrote:Is that 33 mpg, not mph Tele Jas?
Lol....No, it's mph... Have you rode in one of those??!!

JK.... I stand corrected, it's mpg (gonna fix it before someone calls me out on it - oh, too late) :shock:

dlpasco
Donating Member

Post by dlpasco » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:18 pm

tele_jas wrote:

JK.... I stand corrected, it's mpg (gonna fix it before someone calls me out on it - oh, too late) :shock:
I bought a 75 pound kettle bell specifically to practice carrying my damned amp around. I figured that doing a farmer's carry with the kettle bell 3 days a week should make dealing with the actual amp easier.
Mark IIC+, III, V, Recto Reborn, TC-50
Sold: JP-2C, V25, Road King II, Tremoverb, Electra Dyne, ROV25
Twitter:mammothguitar

Wayno
Mark III

Post by Wayno » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:34 pm

I once twisted my ankle carrying my combo out of a local pub after a gig. There I was laying in a heap in the beer garden when this skinny young girl, couldn't have been no older than 16, literally picked it up arms out straight and carried I out to the van as if it was nothing! All the local meat-heads where out there looking at me like I was a wimp :oops: I tried to tell them how heavy that son of a bitch is but no way was they gonna believe me after that little girl picked it up. Honestly she must have the strength of thor or something cuz she picked it up like it only weighed a couple pounds. Never forget that.
Her highness the Veenus
(Mark V/V4 & V7 12AT7 Combo)

2 x 12 Vertical Cab
GSP1101

Gibson LP Studio with alnico ii pro
Schecter C1-XXX with emg 81/85 18v
Jackson Dinky XL with Duncan designed???
Sigma DNC-1STE

jaitrum
Bottle Rocket

Post by jaitrum » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:17 am

Well, I have to carry my amp three floors every weeek (no elevator), so my chosen one was clear as crystal... A beautiful and ligth Mark V:25 (only 16'5 lb) it's my head to go, and is louder enough for me :)

Nicklotsaguitars
Mark III

Post by Nicklotsaguitars » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:22 am

tele_jas wrote:

Ah sorry mate, I wasn't trying to be pedantic. American cars are an alien world to me. I bought my Dodge Calibre (may have to get a DC amp to match), because of the amount you lot demand from your car makers. It's roomy(er than most Euro cars in it's class) and is really comfortable.
It just doesn't do corners and twisty country lanes too well

OldTelecasterMan
Mark III

Post by OldTelecasterMan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:01 am

Wayno wrote:I once twisted my ankle carrying my combo out of a local pub after a gig. There I was laying in a heap in the beer garden when this skinny young girl, couldn't have been no older than 16, literally picked it up arms out straight and carried I out to the van as if it was nothing! All the local meat-heads where out there looking at me like I was a wimp :oops: I tried to tell them how heavy that son of a bitch is but no way was they gonna believe me after that little girl picked it up. Honestly she must have the strength of thor or something cuz she picked it up like it only weighed a couple pounds. Never forget that.
Dude, I have the Mark V head and use 2X12 cabs with wheels and at 2am pushing the Mark V sitting on a cab...Parking lots are like not level... inclines are everywhere. Once, I almost spilled my beer. :lol: I get so winded. Then some drunk walks out of the bar, lights a smoke and says, You guys get paid to play music, hell if I could play I'd do it for free. I looked him straight in the eye and said I do play for free, I get paid to move this F*#@ing equipment. :lol:

As for the 16 year old girl...too bad she was 16 sounds like the perfect musician girlfriend material.

Ya know what they call a musician without a girlfriend............ Homeless...
Boogie F-30
Mark V
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Two 2X12 Vert. Cabs.
Two 2x12 Compact Cabs.
Telecasters, Gibson Les Paul, Gibson Howard Roberts Jazz Fusion and many more.
http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Peter_Savell