General reliability of Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBadWolf

Reaction score
How would you guys describe the general reliability of Mark V? Because of last 2 weeks, I'm actually losing faith. Currently both my V's are down.

Generally, it's very reliable. If I was in charge at mesa, I would be pretty happy with the reliability of the V. No major common problems or recalls. On the board here, there is no one thing that a lot of people have been plagued with. There will always be lemons. And there's always the occasional hiccup, or little green man as some like to call it. :mrgreen: Generally, it's a reliable amp.

SamuelJ86 said:
...or little green man as some like to call it. :mrgreen: ...

I wonder who could possibly say something like that? ;D

Faith is slowly returning. Appears that another is normal tear and wear and the other is 100% originated because of humankind.

Come to think of it, practically all things wrong on this planet are like that because of humankind. Sorry Little Green Men for false accusations.

I always thought those little green men made the V30 or MC90 speakers sound better, it depends on how far the little bodies penetrate the dust cab though. If they have mine sweepers or plastic parachutes still attached don't use those first as they work better jammed into the paper cone about half way from center. Four years ago, that would have been my response to this post as it is written. Yep, fed up with Celestion speakers, the Mark V especially. No problem now as I fixed my own gremlins.

The amp in general is very robust and reliable even if a component fails or degrades. The amp should be suitable for at least 2 decades of usable service before the supply caps need replacement, just an estimate. I had my Mark III for 24 years without a single issue, sold it to a friend an it is still going. Mark V started production sometime in 2009, I bought mine in 2012. Had one tube related issue that damaged a screen resistor. No big deal as that can happen to any tube amp.

I've had mine for a few years now. It's just tubes in and tubes out.
That's it!

I've owned mine since 2011 and have been gigging fairly regular for the past 3 years with no problems.

Unfortunately most people these days blame a tube issue on Mesa Corp.
Totally ridiculous but that's probably 90% of all repair issues.
I think the number of owners of any MB that have a real amp part failure is very rare.

IronSean said:
Mine is currently away for Warranty repair as well.

Mine should be back soon, fairly simple repair: Just a couple diodes that went down in the main power lines.

Newysurfer said:
Unfortunately most people these days blame a tube issue on Mesa Corp.
Totally ridiculous but that's probably 90% of all repair issues.
I think the number of owners of any MB that have a real amp part failure is very rare.
Nonexistent "like" button pushed. 8) Over 25 years on a different model and it took drying out electrolytic capacitors to require some maintenance. It didn't fail, either. M/B's reliability is off the chart.

IME ultra reliable. Built like brick shithouses. Been doing shows regularly with mine for three years without a single issue.

Any problems can usually be chalked up to operator error.

Back