Mark V:25 Max Volume

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlpasco

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I'm at our farm house and just cranked up my V:25 to full volume. The dB meter I brought along indicated a max volume of 116.9 dB.

Not too shabby, little amp. Not too shabby at all.

How did the tone sound at that volume? The loudest I've ever had my volume set was about 11:30 for small gigs. That was on C+ mode...Extreme mode would of been WAY louder.

MrSmitty said:
How did the tone sound at that volume? The loudest I've ever had my volume set was about 11:30 for small gigs. That was on C+ mode...Extreme mode would of been WAY louder.

I had headphones on to protect my ears so it was hard to tell.

*gulp*

I'll give it another shot tonight after my wife and the kids leave to go swim.

QUITE LOUD *screeeeeeee* IT FELT LIKE GETTING PUNCHED IN THE CHEST AND EAR PARTS WITH A BRICK WALL *eeeeeeeee*

I'm not sure the tone was super great at that volume, but honestly, it was really brutal being in the same room without hearing protection and I can't really say if it was the amp, the speaker, or my ears that were feeling more ragged at that volume.

Extreme sounded pretty great. IIC+ mode was quieter but it seems like it...hurt more. Not sure if that makes a lot of sense or not. Ow.

MrSmitty said:

dlpasco said:
QUITE LOUD *screeeeeeee* IT FELT LIKE GETTING PUNCHED IN THE CHEST AND EAR PARTS WITH A BRICK WALL *eeeeeeeee*

I'm not sure the tone was super great at that volume, but honestly, it was really brutal being in the same room without hearing protection and I can't really say if it was the amp, the speaker, or my ears that were feeling more ragged at that volume.

Extreme sounded pretty great. IIC+ mode was quieter but it seems like it...hurt more. Not sure if that makes a lot of sense or not. Ow.

MrSmitty said:

HA HA, that's awesome! Were you using your 2x12 or something different? That little amp is definitely a beast! With the volume at 11-11:30...it keeps up just fine with the band at gigs.

dlpasco said:
I was using a 1x12 slant faced cabinet.

Whoa. I expected this was with a 4x12. That's with a 1x12?? Makes me curious what kind of volume it'd get with my 2x12 (or both 2x12s even). Not sure I want to find out, lol.

Back