Build plans Mesa Widebody 1x12 front ported

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeronimo

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to word this. I would use the thiele plans, but I would make a false extension (facade) to the cab size so the amp would fit correctly. In other words, the actual internal speaker cab would be correct to the thiele specs, but there would be an added dimension to the cab size that has no effect on the original design other than to add "size" to the external dimensions of the cab...

Jeronimo said:
Hi,
Some time ago I bought a Mesa mark V combo. Now I want to build a 1x12 that fits nicely under the combo.
http://www.gelbmusic.com/p-1070-mesa-1x12-widebody-closed-back-compact-guitar-speaker-cabinst.aspx
I was searching for build plans, but only found the smaller Thiele cabinet. Does anybody know where to find the build plans of the Widebody ported 1x12?
Off course I could buy one new but here in Europe they are around $700 which exceeds by budget.
Thanks!

Funny I ran into this, just yesterday that link to gelb music had two of those cabs available until I bought one, today the last sold, I must of put the pressure on. Anyway I hope your plan comes out as nice as I know this boogie cab will be!

thunda1216 said:
I'm not sure how to word this. I would use the thiele plans, but I would make a false extension (facade) to the cab size so the amp would fit correctly. In other words, the actual internal speaker cab would be correct to the thiele specs, but there would be an added dimension to the cab size that has no effect on the original design other than to add "size" to the external dimensions of the cab...

If you do this, make sure you baffle the extension carefully or it will affect the bass response.

Back