Channel 2 - no gain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheehanje

Reaction score
I just got a decent tone out of Channel 2 to use on some covers my band does. I normally work on Channel 3.

However, I got it to practice to try it and the channel is flat. No gain, takes a good amount of volume to get a fizzy type of clean out of it.

Would this be V2? I know the power tubes are fine, they are all working in 90W mode on the other channels.

My preamp tubes are all brand new - I just bought a whole set of them.

V1, V2 & V3 are all gain stages in channel 2. What are your settings and what mode?

None of the modes are working - 90Watt.

Can crank the gain and nothing... Tried bypassing the loop - volume up to about 2'oclock and gain anywhere and it sounds like a fizzy clean channel with little volume. I was thinking V2 because it's the only one dedicated to Channel 2 - the other channels/modes are working fine.

I had the same problem with my V:35. Worked just fine the night I bought it. Next day, no gain from Ch2. I always keep spares, so I tried the spare in all preamp tube slots until I got my gain back. Works fine now.

One or more of your preamp tubes are DOA.

If the other two channels work we can probably rule out V1. So as Monstercastle suggested, replace V2 and V3 one at a time with a verified good tube and see if you can sort out the issue.

yeah - was V2 - as soon as I replaced it the channel came alive again.

Thanks everyone!

Back