Just ordered the V:35 combo!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forty6and2

Reaction score
So excited! I used to be in a band for a few years and I used a Mark IV rack mount with an avatar 4x12 and 2x12 stacked (Yes, it was LOUD haha). I ended up selling everything because I left the band and I needed a break. The break was VERY much needed. We used to gig every week for almost a year. Sometimes even twice a week. I got super burned out.

It's been about 4 years now and I'm ready to start getting serious again. I don't think I need a halfstack or anything anymore, so I decided on the V:35. I've never owned a Mark V, but I'm SO excited to play around with it. Especially if its as fidgety as the IV.

Anyway, just wanted to share :)

Congratulations on your new amp order. I am on my third Mark Series amps, Mark 90W is current. Had the Mark III and Mark IV(b). I did like the Mark IV but really got spoiled with the Mark V. I could have kept the Mark IV but sold it in return to get other gear for my drum set.

You will find that the controls on the Mark V series to be more refined compared to the Mark IV. There is more taper to the master volume (on each channel, or with the master volume for all using the FX loop [not available on the 25 or 35] so I am only referring to the full sized Mark V). The Mark IV was practically at full power with the master volume set to 3 (not much of a turn of the control knob). I have no experience with the 25 or the 35 which are different than the full sized version. So when you get it I will be looking forward to your review.

Me too! I just bought a preowned 35 and mini recto cab used from Sweetwater for a few hundred off. I was going to get the 25 but was a little nervous every it wouldn't keep up with a loud drummer. Should be here on Friday.

So mine came yesterday. It's the head with the mini recto cab with a V30. So far, I love it. Very versatile. The one thing I found which was odd is that I can get a heavier drive from the Mark IV channel rather than the xtreme channel. However, Mesa touts the later as being super high gain.

Back