Mark V:35 Say WHAT?!?! Short Head and 1x12 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin_Blackened

Reaction score
Guys check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9GJaQS0xG0

Boogie Quote.

"The Mark Five: 35 represents the next step in Mark Series Tone as well as the addition of mini-Mark TONE in a 1x12 Boogie combo format! Mesa’s time-proven four EL-84 based Dyna-Watt power section delivers 100% gig-able Clean headroom and additional punch in High Gain sounds while adding width and bigger-iron mojo to the 10 & 25 watt settings.

The same great modes, features, layout and Tones that make the Mark Five: 25™ one of Mesa’s most popular amps just got a power upgrade and some new features. To further bolster the new MARK FIVE: 35's stage-ready resume, we’ve added a Channel Independent SOLO Feature, a long-spring tank for the all-tube Reverb, the complete set of Voicing Choices from our CABCLONE™ with the addition of the VINTAGE setting to its on-board DI Output and an upgraded Footswitch for access to the new footswitchable choices. This new blend of perfect clip-ablity on-demand & exciting dynamic headroom when you need it creates the most adaptable MARK amplifier yet!

For more in-depth detail and tone tips on the preamp modes, tone controls, graphic EQ and, watch the original Mark Five: 25 Official Demo Video where we have sound samples and tons of great info that applies directly to the Mark Five: 35:"

http://www.mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/electric/mark-series/mark-five-35/index.html

SPECIFICATIONS:
- Made in Petaluma, California with the World’s Finest Materials

-All-Tube Amplifier: 4xEL-84 Power Tubes & 6x12AX7 Preamp Tubes

-Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance

-Patented Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power Amp featuring MESA’s proprietary Dyna-Watt™ technology providing three power levels and two wiring configurations (Pentode/Triode) via independent 35/25/10 Watt Power Switches:

10-Watt Mode utilizes 2 power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and liquid feel at lower volumes;

25 & 35-Watt Modes utilize 2 or 4 power tubes respectively, operating in MESA’s exclusive Dyna-Watt™ Class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity

- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 6 Style Modes:

Channel 1 Features: Clean, Fat or Crunch Modes with Multi-Wattâ„¢ Power Switch (10/25/35 Watts) - Independent Gain, Treble, Mid/Boost* (patent applied for), Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel), Master & Footswitchable Solo Controls - *Powerful Mid/Boost Control doubles as a standard Midrange Tone Control (from 1 to 5) AND a Variable Gain Boost Control (from 5 to 10) providing precise levels of sweet harmonic overdrive, from subtle to blistering;

Channel 2 Features: Legendary Mark IIC+, Mark IV and Xtreme Modes with Multi-Wattâ„¢ Power Switch (10/25/35 Watts) - Independent Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel), Master & Footswitchable Solo Controls

- Selectable 5-Band Graphic EQ is Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or Bypassable

- Footswitchable, Independent Solo Control for each Channel (front panel)

- All-Tube, Long-Tank, Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls (rear panel)

- Fully Buffered, Tube FX Loop

- Built-In CabClone™ Cabinet Simulator Output with Internal Amp Load and Headphone Output – Featuring Closed-Back, Open-Back and Vintage Voices, Speaker On/Off and Ground Lift Switches

- All Aluminum Chassis

- 4 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2, EQ, Solo Ch 1 & Solo Ch 2)

- Slip Cover

FORMATS:

- Head: Dimensions: 9 1/8" H x 18 7/8" W x 10 7/8" D • Weight: 27 lbs.

- 1x12 Combo: Dimensions: 18 1/8 " H x 18 3/4" W x 11 1/2" D • Weight: 44 lbs.

Looks like I got the Rack mount wrong... couldnt of sworn he said something about rack mount in the demo... o well.

InB4 'Should of been 6v6's'

Nice.

Would've preferred this amp to be a fully featured, 3 channel Mark V with the 35w EL84 power section.

Either way, this amp will find fans.

screamingdaisy said:
Nice.

Would've preferred this amp to be a fully featured, 3 channel Mark V with the 35w EL84 power section.

I like that its not a fully featured mark. I am curious to hear some experts opinions on it compared to the 25 with the bigger transformer and dyna watt power. Especially at home playing volumes.

Either way I cant imagine any existing 25 owners upgrading, but I could imagine V owners down grading because they dont need the range of features the full size mark has but dont like the losing so much ooommfff by going to the 2 el84's in the 25.

WTF!!! Here we were joking about them making them in all the different wattages the other week and appears their doing it!

I wonder if they will do a revision on the big mark V to give it cab clone and the mid boost knob? Or a proper beefy iic+? mode?

Didn't really expect this, but did expect a combo. Probably a nice niche area between the Mark V and the five 25 though. Well played Mesa, well played.

barryswanson said:
WTF!!! Here we were joking about them making them in all the different wattages the other week and appears their doing it!

I wonder if they will do a revision on the big mark V to give it cab clone and the mid boost knob? Or a proper beefy iic+? mode?

I want to know how this compares to the Mark V:25 for the iic+ mode. And I hope that the big daddy Mark V eventually gets a proper beefy iic+ and crunch mode as well.

I think this was a "correction" of the 25W version. They inclueded the solo boost, the most important feature.
And increased to 35W and some more tubes just to say "oh, it is not the same amplifier fixed"...

I have the 25W and I really miss the solo boost.

I am seriously tempted. The combo + a Thiele would probably rock. Still, I really like my RA100, both for the saturated mids and the 3 channels. I will say that I thought my V:25 sounded better than the full-size V I just sold. But in the end I think the Mark tone just isn't for me :(

screamingdaisy said:
Nice.

Funny, my first thought was "I'd be standing in line waiting to buy this if it was 2x 6L6 instead. But I like the way you think! That would be smokin! I still think I will hold out for a full Mark V instead, but that hardwood combo is certainly very cool!

And yes, this should be a runaway hit. All the guys who said they loved the Mini but need just a bit more juice, now can get it.

So without an audition, on principle alone, two thumbs up.

Thank you Mesa Boogie for tanking the value of my less than a year old V:25. :evil:

I really don't appreciate being a test market so that I and any others who bought your "new" product can take it in the *** when you make what we spent our hard earned money on obsolete less than a f#%$#ing year later.

Dick move Mesa.

ryjan said:
Thank you Mesa Boogie for tanking the value of my less than a year old V:25. :evil:

I doubt it will make much difference to the 25 value, the only thing I would really want from the 35 is the solo boost, but not the extra weight. I have been waiting to sell a couple of amps to get the 25 and that's what I'm still thinking. If the combo had been under 40lbs I'd probably do that but I really like the idea of the 16lb head. What would have been cool is a 4 tube class a (a 20 watt mode???).

I'm still trying to figure this 35W .

In terms of size, it is much closer to the Mark V than the 25W, which compromises the portability.
But when it comes to sound, I would say that is almost equal to 25W.

I still think that could only have included the boost in 25W, keeping the size....

I like the size, weight and features. I'm a little concerned that they used 1/2" thick plywood for the combo cab. They said that and the rear mounted cab make it more resonant. Sounds like cost and weight savings to me.

Still, this is the amp that I had hoped the Mark V 25 would be.

Cool amp.

Wondering what the price point will be.

The 25 is currently 1399. Pretty sure it was 1299 when I bought.

Wonder if they will now drop the 25 back to 1299.

Really curious what the price of the 35 will be.

Given my 25 sits perfectly on top of the Fryette power station (to the point they look like they were made for each other) I can't justify moving to the 35.

Cool amp nonetheless

Monstercastle said:
Didn't really expect this, but did expect a combo. Probably a nice niche area between the Mark V and the five 25 though. Well played Mesa, well played.
Yeah a we all guessed a 25 combo was a sure thing. Wouldnt be surprised if it was announced a few months after the release of the 35. Or even next week lol.

Dreamtheaterrules said:
screamingdaisy said:
Nice.

Funny, my first thought was "I'd be standing in line waiting to buy this if it was 2x 6L6 instead. But I like the way you think! That would be smokin! I still think I will hold out for a full Mark V instead, but that hardwood combo is certainly very cool!

And yes, this should be a runaway hit. All the guys who said they loved the Mini but need just a bit more juice, now can get it.

So without an audition, on principle alone, two thumbs up.

Yeah the V:25 was a home run and still gets flack for the el84's the 35 is gonna get roasted even if its amazing. I am kinda surprised they didnt take it a little bit further with bigger tubes. But who knows it could be magic.

ryjan said:

I really don't appreciate being a test market so that I and any others who bought your "new" product can take it in the *** when you make what we spent our hard earned money on obsolete less than a f#%$#ing year later.

Dick move Mesa.

I know the feeling man. I would go for this over the 25 for sure (despite its cuteness). I estimate it will be 30-40% more expensive however. So thats a factor.

I wouldnt get to fired up though. As I said the 25 is a home run, you know you love it ;) if anything im more concerned the 35 is almost pointless. The 25 sounds huge enough as it is, how different will the 35 sound? But time will tell once I test one out, videos help but not alot.

It is definitely an odd feature point. Still, this is not unlike the Rectoverb 25 coming out on the heels of the Mini Rec.

As for value, I have lost a ton of money flipping Mesa gear. It's just difficult to find buyers. You can get value in time, but who wants to advertise for half a year?

I, too, am confused about why they went 4xEL84 rather than 2x6L6. Probably an easier conversion, plus the preamp was already tuned for EL84.

Meh, I want more modes! I want a new Triaxis with Mark and Recto and built in cab-clone ala monitor out.

elvis said:
It is definitely an odd feature point. Still, this is not unlike the Rectoverb 25 coming out on the heels of the Mini Rec.

As for value, I have lost a ton of money flipping Mesa gear. It's just difficult to find buyers. You can get value in time, but who wants to advertise for half a year?

I, too, am confused about why they went 4xEL84 rather than 2x6L6. Probably an easier conversion, plus the preamp was already tuned for EL84.

Yep losing money on gear is rough. I saved up all my pennies while finishing University to buy myself a graduation present. Cost $2500 Aussie Dollarydoo's not sure how much id get for it now but lets say best case scenario is $2000 I bet the 35 will be $3000 street in Australia. Not worth $1000 for more or less the same amp, especially since it lives in an office.

I also like the fact my boogie is #7XX must of been one of the first to hit Australia for sure. Maybe ill swing one second hand some day.

Youtube comment from boogie when I asked about the 'fattness' difference.

"Technically... double the power only adds about 3dB of overall volume. That said, (technically), headroom is a valuable thing, especially for clean sounds. 'Bigger Iron' does have an effect too, but if you compared them side by side with same settings, you might only notice 10-20% difference in 'fatness' from MK25 to MK35. If you don't gig in loud environments and/or if you've never felt like you didn't have enough volume with the Mark Five: 25, the amps are much more similar than they are different. Only if you are lacking headroom or digging the new features of the Mark Five: 35 should you think about the upgrade/sale. Hope this helps and thanks for your interest! :D"

Also some prices here (US of course) Waiting on my Aussie guy to get back to me.

$1599 for the Head.

$1799 for the combo.

Both from the links below, said delivery is expect within the month.

http://maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/mesa_boogie_mark_five__35_head/155972

http://maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/mesa_boogie_mark_five__35_combo/155976

I don't see the point in releasing this. The Mark V:25 was absolutely good and successful and this one doesn't add too much. It would've made more sense to me if it had the big V's modes.

Latest posts

Back