Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

Justin_Blackened
Mark I

Mark V:35 Say WHAT?!?! Short Head and 1x12 combo

Post by Justin_Blackened » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Guys check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9GJaQS0xG0

Boogie Quote.

"The Mark Five: 35 represents the next step in Mark Series Tone as well as the addition of mini-Mark TONE in a 1x12 Boogie combo format! Mesa’s time-proven four EL-84 based Dyna-Watt power section delivers 100% gig-able Clean headroom and additional punch in High Gain sounds while adding width and bigger-iron mojo to the 10 & 25 watt settings.

The same great modes, features, layout and Tones that make the Mark Five: 25™ one of Mesa’s most popular amps just got a power upgrade and some new features. To further bolster the new MARK FIVE: 35's stage-ready resume, we’ve added a Channel Independent SOLO Feature, a long-spring tank for the all-tube Reverb, the complete set of Voicing Choices from our CABCLONE™ with the addition of the VINTAGE setting to its on-board DI Output and an upgraded Footswitch for access to the new footswitchable choices. This new blend of perfect clip-ablity on-demand & exciting dynamic headroom when you need it creates the most adaptable MARK amplifier yet!

For more in-depth detail and tone tips on the preamp modes, tone controls, graphic EQ and, watch the original Mark Five: 25 Official Demo Video where we have sound samples and tons of great info that applies directly to the Mark Five: 35:"

http://www.mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/el ... index.html

SPECIFICATIONS:
- Made in Petaluma, California with the World’s Finest Materials

-All-Tube Amplifier: 4xEL-84 Power Tubes & 6x12AX7 Preamp Tubes

-Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance

-Patented Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power Amp featuring MESA’s proprietary Dyna-Watt™ technology providing three power levels and two wiring configurations (Pentode/Triode) via independent 35/25/10 Watt Power Switches:

10-Watt Mode utilizes 2 power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and liquid feel at lower volumes;

25 & 35-Watt Modes utilize 2 or 4 power tubes respectively, operating in MESA’s exclusive Dyna-Watt™ Class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity

- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 6 Style Modes:

Channel 1 Features: Clean, Fat or Crunch Modes with Multi-Wattâ„¢ Power Switch (10/25/35 Watts) - Independent Gain, Treble, Mid/Boost* (patent applied for), Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel), Master & Footswitchable Solo Controls - *Powerful Mid/Boost Control doubles as a standard Midrange Tone Control (from 1 to 5) AND a Variable Gain Boost Control (from 5 to 10) providing precise levels of sweet harmonic overdrive, from subtle to blistering;

Channel 2 Features: Legendary Mark IIC+, Mark IV and Xtreme Modes with Multi-Wattâ„¢ Power Switch (10/25/35 Watts) - Independent Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel), Master & Footswitchable Solo Controls

- Selectable 5-Band Graphic EQ is Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or Bypassable

- Footswitchable, Independent Solo Control for each Channel (front panel)

- All-Tube, Long-Tank, Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls (rear panel)

- Fully Buffered, Tube FX Loop

- Built-In CabClone™ Cabinet Simulator Output with Internal Amp Load and Headphone Output – Featuring Closed-Back, Open-Back and Vintage Voices, Speaker On/Off and Ground Lift Switches

- All Aluminum Chassis

- 4 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2, EQ, Solo Ch 1 & Solo Ch 2)

- Slip Cover

FORMATS:

- Head: Dimensions: 9 1/8" H x 18 7/8" W x 10 7/8" D • Weight: 27 lbs.

- 1x12 Combo: Dimensions: 18 1/8 " H x 18 3/4" W x 11 1/2" D • Weight: 44 lbs.

Looks like I got the Rack mount wrong... couldnt of sworn he said something about rack mount in the demo... o well.

InB4 'Should of been 6v6's'
Mesa Boogie Mark V:25
1984 Gibson Explorer
LTD Snakebyte
Harley Benton 2x12 v30's

Melbourne Metclub chapter head - Melbourne Militia

screamingdaisy
Donating Member

Re: Mark V:35 Say WHAT?!?! Short Head and 1x12 combo

Post by screamingdaisy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:18 am

Nice.

Would've preferred this amp to be a fully featured, 3 channel Mark V with the 35w EL84 power section.

Either way, this amp will find fans.
Ignore the hype and trust your ears. Play more, buy less = better tone.

Justin_Blackened
Mark I

Post by Justin_Blackened » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:23 am

screamingdaisy wrote:Nice.

Would've preferred this amp to be a fully featured, 3 channel Mark V with the 35w EL84 power section.

I like that its not a fully featured mark. I am curious to hear some experts opinions on it compared to the 25 with the bigger transformer and dyna watt power. Especially at home playing volumes.

Either way I cant imagine any existing 25 owners upgrading, but I could imagine V owners down grading because they dont need the range of features the full size mark has but dont like the losing so much ooommfff by going to the 2 el84's in the 25.
Mesa Boogie Mark V:25
1984 Gibson Explorer
LTD Snakebyte
Harley Benton 2x12 v30's

Melbourne Metclub chapter head - Melbourne Militia

barryswanson
Mark III

Post by barryswanson » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:52 am

WTF!!! Here we were joking about them making them in all the different wattages the other week and appears their doing it!

I wonder if they will do a revision on the big mark V to give it cab clone and the mid boost knob? Or a proper beefy iic+? mode?

Monstercastle
Mark III

Post by Monstercastle » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:40 am

Didn't really expect this, but did expect a combo. Probably a nice niche area between the Mark V and the five 25 though. Well played Mesa, well played.
Mark V:25 Head, TC-100 head, Vertical 212, Widebody Closed 112
Gone but not forgotten: LSS 112, Mark V Head

dlpasco
Donating Member

Post by dlpasco » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:40 pm

barryswanson wrote:WTF!!! Here we were joking about them making them in all the different wattages the other week and appears their doing it!

I wonder if they will do a revision on the big mark V to give it cab clone and the mid boost knob? Or a proper beefy iic+? mode?
I want to know how this compares to the Mark V:25 for the iic+ mode. And I hope that the big daddy Mark V eventually gets a proper beefy iic+ and crunch mode as well.
Mark IIC+, III, V, Recto Reborn, TC-50
Sold: JP-2C, V25, Road King II, Tremoverb, Electra Dyne, ROV25
Twitter:mammothguitar

DelRei
Bottle Rocket

Post by DelRei » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:03 pm

I think this was a "correction" of the 25W version. They inclueded the solo boost, the most important feature.
And increased to 35W and some more tubes just to say "oh, it is not the same amplifier fixed"...

I have the 25W and I really miss the solo boost.

elvis
Donating Member

Post by elvis » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:18 pm

I am seriously tempted. The combo + a Thiele would probably rock. Still, I really like my RA100, both for the saturated mids and the 3 channels. I will say that I thought my V:25 sounded better than the full-size V I just sold. But in the end I think the Mark tone just isn't for me :(
Mini Rectifier blue LED
Recto 2x12 Vertical
Recto 2x12 Wedge

Dreamtheaterrules
Mark IV

Post by Dreamtheaterrules » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:15 pm

screamingdaisy wrote:Nice.

Funny, my first thought was "I'd be standing in line waiting to buy this if it was 2x 6L6 instead. But I like the way you think! That would be smokin! I still think I will hold out for a full Mark V instead, but that hardwood combo is certainly very cool!

And yes, this should be a runaway hit. All the guys who said they loved the Mini but need just a bit more juice, now can get it.

So without an audition, on principle alone, two thumbs up.
Mesa Boogie Mark V, Mark V25, PRS Archon, PRS Custom 50

ryjan
Dual Recto

Post by ryjan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Thank you Mesa Boogie for tanking the value of my less than a year old V:25. :evil:

I really don't appreciate being a test market so that I and any others who bought your "new" product can take it in the ass when you make what we spent our hard earned money on obsolete less than a f#%$#ing year later.

Dick move Mesa.
Mark V:25
Recto 2x12
ESP Explorer

streuth
Bottle Rocket

Post by streuth » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:04 pm

ryjan wrote:Thank you Mesa Boogie for tanking the value of my less than a year old V:25. :evil:
I doubt it will make much difference to the 25 value, the only thing I would really want from the 35 is the solo boost, but not the extra weight. I have been waiting to sell a couple of amps to get the 25 and that's what I'm still thinking. If the combo had been under 40lbs I'd probably do that but I really like the idea of the 16lb head. What would have been cool is a 4 tube class a (a 20 watt mode???).
Current: Mesa Mark V:25, TA 30 1x12, Tubemeister 18 1x10
Past Boogies: Studio .22, Maverick 1x12, Express 1x10
Future: Super compact (size and weight of V:25) version of Maverick merged with Lonestar (hint hint)

DelRei
Bottle Rocket

Post by DelRei » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm still trying to figure this 35W .

In terms of size, it is much closer to the Mark V than the 25W, which compromises the portability.
But when it comes to sound, I would say that is almost equal to 25W.

I still think that could only have included the boost in 25W, keeping the size....

Ytsejammer777
Mark II

Post by Ytsejammer777 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:41 pm

A rackmount version as well? I think I may have to get this!

Don
Single Recto

Post by Don » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:10 pm

I like the size, weight and features. I'm a little concerned that they used 1/2" thick plywood for the combo cab. They said that and the rear mounted cab make it more resonant. Sounds like cost and weight savings to me.

Still, this is the amp that I had hoped the Mark V 25 would be.

primal
Single Recto

Post by primal » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Cool amp.

Wondering what the price point will be.

The 25 is currently 1399. Pretty sure it was 1299 when I bought.

Wonder if they will now drop the 25 back to 1299.

Really curious what the price of the 35 will be.

Given my 25 sits perfectly on top of the Fryette power station (to the point they look like they were made for each other) I can't justify moving to the 35.

Cool amp nonetheless
Axe FX II
Mark V 25
JCM 800 2204
Splawn 2x12
Suhr S4
2003 Suhr Classic
1987 ESP Junior
2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard

Gone but not forgotten
Electra Dyne
Stiletto Ace