Who is using EMG's in the V?Any problems?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlydan

Reaction score
Im actually only asking this as I seen a post a while back, asking why the gain channels sounded very thin and fizzy.It turned out it was (i think) an EMG 85 in the bridge of a cheapish guitar.When the amp was tried with a different guitar it sounded better or something along those lines.Anyway im considering putting some emg's in my g&l comanche as the z coils currently in it are kind of bugging me and i cant put a hum bucker in the bridge without a custom pick guard and lots of hassle.My mate has the dave gilmour set of single coils and they sound fine through the V.Im considering sticking the 89 in the bridge for a HSS config.Is anyone using the 89 and does it sound ok through the V?Just weary after seeing that post a while back.Cheers

I have emg's in all my guitars and get nothing g but awesome thick rich tone. With zero pick up noise also.

Super!Thats what I wanna hear man.I had the gilmours in a strat a while back but it was before i had the V.

I'm convinced that the Mark V:25 was built around the Het-Set.
There is NO better pickup for that amp.

ryjan said:
I'm convinced that the Mark V:25 was built around the Het-Set.
There is NO better pickup for that amp.

Yep my snakebyte RIPS with the Hetset. I have mine in drop C however. Sounds huge.

I really want to get a set of Fishman Modern Fluences. I was talking to Will Adler the other day and he said they are the ****.

Back