Rackmount Tuner - Ways around the Tuner Out?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RasAlGhoul

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got my hands on a Korg DTR-2000 rack tuner just to find that it has compatibility issues with the Mark V tuner out.

I've even messaged Mesa Factory directly and they suggest that if I have a Korg Tuner, that I specifically avoid the Tuner Out option as there have been recorded instances where people's Mark V's have fried the DTR-2000 altogether.

Is there a convenient way I can set up my rack tuner with my Mark V head? I'm new to rack systems so this one would be mounted for studio use in front of my workstation.

I'm trying to obtain the clearest signal possible without any tone suck.

Thanks in advance!

I use a voodoo lab gcx switcher and have one loop dedicated to my korg. It doubles as a mute. You could also use a pedal with a tuner out like a radial big shot aby.

I fried my DTR-2000 using the tuner out.

For awhile I was using the slave out but that meant I couldn't mute to tune. Now I use a Boss TU-3 plugged into the Mark V's tuner output and leave the pedal sitting on the head.

Thanks for the input and suggestions.

I might just end up selling the unit. All of these options are more than I ended up paying for the actual tuner.

I'm finding it ridiculous that I can't use this tuner with a function that should already be working.

I just thought of an idea but really unsure if it would work.

I just ordered a Radial J48 DI Box.

Could I use the thru to run to the tuner instead of the amp while I track on my DAW with just cab sims?

I'm not sure.

I emailed Mesa and they just said that it may be a problem with Korg manufacturing. They offered no solution, just advised that I don't use a korg tuner in the Tuner Output on my Mark V.

Good to know. I own the DTR2000, but I don't use it much at all any more, and I just got my Mark V head in yesterday.

i was using the DTR2000 for awhile too,,,but i usually just plugged it in directly in to the unit...
now it stays in my 2:90 rig...

Back