Outdoor gig with the Mark V. Odd information, Dirt problems.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldTelecasterMan

Reaction score
I just seem to gravitate here and this is a more a general equipment informational thing. So ya know after a lot of jobs or just time or those outdoor gigs and all that dirt that's blowin? Dirt gets onto and into everything. Here is just a little thing that might help for the morning after. Works great on everything and does a great job on the mixing board as well. "California Car Duster" to the rescue I didn't think about saying anything until after I already cleaned up everything. The deal is if you clean up the dirt instead of blowing equipment off it doesn't get into the pots as much. It works on everything. I was going to post a picture to show how well it worked on my Mark V head and cabs but I think you get the idea. I decided to put the mixer picture cause we all know how much fun it is to pull all those knobs. For things with knobs just put the duster on what ever it is with a tiny bit of pressure and kinda jiggle it in a circular motion, lift and move to the next spot keep doing that until you got everywhere. On knobs don't try to wipe it will just hang up and leave threads behind.

A little off topic but oh well. Time saver for keeping things in good shape.

those things work well in removing dust however the cali dusters are loaded with wax on the fibers.after awhile you will see a build up especially on darker surfaces.....you're better of wtih a swiffer type duster....i have a black car and everytime i dust it with the cali duster i have to go over it with detail spray to remove the streaks of wax it leaves behind.........just my observitive 2 cents........rock on

Those work great on tolex and drums but as mentioned before, beware the wax around sensitive electronics.

Yes the wax thing could be a problem especially if the equipment or car is warm. It also is best if the duster is not brand new.

Latest posts

Back