Recording of mark v through speaker other than V30?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlydan

Reaction score
As the title implies.Just curious on this as I have a 2x12 recto cab and Im finding the cleans a little pointy for want of a better word.I had v30's in another amp and found em to be the same.Good speakers of course but just curious what something else sounds like.Anyone have a decent recording of the mark v on clean through a different speaker?Something smoother and mellow perhaps?Cheers

I've said it before and I'll say again the Mark V is a match made in heaven with a Marshall cab with GT12-75’s in it

I own a combo + 2x12 horizontal recto.... when I record I play all the distortion sounds trough the 2x12 and the clean ones trough the C90 of the combo!!!

Kind regards
DZ

FWIW.... I played mostly single coil guitars and found the C90 a little spikey for my needs so I got a Eminence Governor and LOVE it! Cleans are full, have nice sparkle without the spike in the upper mids/highs.

On distortion, I could turn up the treble a little.... Still has plenty of lows and smoother in the mids.

I still have my C90 in a 1x12 cab and together they sound monsterous!

I would be interested to see how you are running the channel and if you have the EQ or FX loop in line.

I really liked cleans with 6L6 tubes through my Peavey 412M. At 16 ohm, 300 Watt it always felt very tight, but the speakers are 30 years old, so it has a worn in warmth to them.

Back