first reaction to my V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad696

Reaction score
Anyone seen that Simpsons episode where homer needs heart surgery and all they can afford is the quack dr. Nick? And right before homer goes under Dr. Nick points at homers chest and says "what the hell is that". That was me with the V today. Set her on the stack, took a look at the controls and. ",2)what the hell is that?". Lol. Now I'm a boogie vet so I dialed in some pretty sweet tones right away, but the whole preset eq, and preset eq depth, all the different wattage settings, the different rectifying stage options... Whew!!!

Pretty funny also, my GF came home in the oodmay ready for some crazy stuff and I won't go into too much detail there but....

.. Me: not now babe, I'm reading my boogie manual. You want a pissed off and confused woman, thats how you go about it lol.

If I go into the "Man Cave" aka. my music studio my wife kicks on the DVR and watches all the stuff I'm not into. It works. Sometimes I come out and she's already in bed. My studio has a fridge, a full bathroom complete with a shower. When the band rehearses the bathroom makes it real nice and the sodas and beer are cold and close.

after a little discussion and compromise, it was worked out. However, if this V was ever to be resold.... well. nobody would want it after what just happened over it.

I found turning off the reverb,EQ,effects loop and master made it easier to tune. Don't use all that **** anyway. It still took awhile to find my tones or what I wanted to hear. The biggest thing was using my ears instead of my eyes. Have fun might take about a week but its do able.

Back