Mesa Mark 25 and Mesa Pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krb813

Reaction score
I have a Mesa Throttle Box EQ from previous usage. How would it pair up with the Mark V 25 running it in the clean channel? Versus say using the channel 2 options.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi,

I tried it myself. I just wanted some other opinions on the utilization of the pedal. It sounds different to me than the say the extreme option on the head. I apologize if it was a stupid question. I have not been playing for a long time. I'm just getting back into playing after some 10+ years.

Throttle Box is a little more of a Recto type voicing so it should be a nice tonal option, especially with using the EQ to shape it. It's like having an extra amp channel!

krb813 said:
Hi,

I tried it myself. I just wanted some other opinions on the utilization of the pedal. It sounds different to me than the say the extreme option on the head. I apologize if it was a stupid question. I have not been playing for a long time. I'm just getting back into playing after some 10+ years.
Well, I agree with you :D

I generally set my OD pedals for use with both channels. I use an OD808 or BB Pre with just a touch of gain and some tone adjustment to get a bit of grease for blues or classic rock (think Blackface turned up loud) on a very clean channel, and then use the same setting to give me a bit more liquid-ness and a bit more sustain on the lead channel.

I'll set the lead channel for lower gain and use the pedal when I want a bit more. I also tend to roll off the highs and add a bit of lows with OD so that I get a more vocal tone, and get rid of any harshness, since I will likely boost volume as well.

The Throttle box may be too much for the way I use it. I would tend more towards the Tone Burst.

If you want a ripping OD, the Throttle Box is probably awesome, especially with the EQ.

Latest posts

Back