Question About Cabclone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asimmd

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My Mark 5/25 arrived today and first impressions are excellent.

I am using it as a DI with the built in Cabclone and it has 2 speaker options,Open or Closed back.

Question is,how do I use Cabclone but use my Redwirez Impulse Responses instead of the built in cabs.

Thanks

Alan

I'm fairly certain it can't be done with cab clone.

There is no line out on the amp.

The headphone and xls output both have the cab simulator already on them.

You could by something like this
http://www.themadape.com/Suhr_ISO_Line_Out_Box_p/s-isolineout.htm
In which case you still need the speaker hooked up.

Or you could get a THD hotplate and use the line out on it.

Thanks primal

I do have a Weber Mini Mass 25watt Attenuator which has a dummy load and Line Out.

Could I connect this to the 8 ohm speaker out then use the Line out to my
interface?

Alan

And while technically not the correct thing to do, I have tried sending the xlr output through some IR's I created of my cab and it sounds pretty good.

A line out on the amp would have been nice.

However, given all the options on the amp and the competitive price tag, I think they nailed the most important features.

Nailed the important features,they certainly did.

It has been said that the Cabclone is not very good but I don't have a problem with it.

This is my first Boogie and so far I am well impressed.

asimmd said:
Thanks primal

I do have a Weber Mini Mass 25watt Attenuator which has a dummy load and Line Out.

Could I connect this to the 8 ohm speaker out then use the Line out to my
interface?

Alan

Yup.

As long as the dummy load can handle the power (which rated at 25 watts it should) you should be fine.

I have done the same thing back when I owned a mesa electra dyne using a hotplate as my dummy load and the mesa line out and it worked great. Also worked great when I used the line out on the Hotplate

Thanks primal

I think if I run the amp at 10 watts into the Weber it should be ok.

Just need to buy a speaker lead then I can try it.

Nice to know you had good results.

The standalone cabclone has a line out so I've experimented running through that and adding cab sims - sounds pretty good but need to experiment more. Might go that route for the next recording.

Given the price of the standalone CabClone,surely there would be a cheaper option
for a Dummy Load without Speaker Emulation.

I have a lot of Redwirez IR's which I can't use at the moment.

I tried using them with my Weber Mini Mass but they didn't sound too good.

I'm not aware of one though there might be some out there.

One other option would be to use the FX send and add a power amp impulse response to your chain. I'm not sure about the RedWirez plugin but the Torpedo Plugin allows you to simulate both the power amp and speaker independently. You should be able load your RedWirez impulses into it too:

http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpedo-wall-of-sound-3/

Thanks for the link dbagchee,i have never heard of this software.

I did know of Two Notes but i thought all they did was hardware stuff.

You are correct it can load Redwirez IR's but i can't find out how much it all costs.

Might just try it anyway.

The plugin is technically free, but they require to buy at least one of their cabs (about $10) to enable the full license. I actually gave this a try last night and it worked great! Picked up the Recto, XTC, Diezel, and Engl cabs ;)

Thanks,I tried my Weber Mini Mass 25 yesterday but it didn't sound very good.

I put it down to user error,I think I was impatient to get it working I overlooked something.

Now you have told me about the software it may be the answer.

I will try it tomorrow,it's nice to know you tried it and had good results.

I tried the Two Notes WOS today with my Weber Mini Mass 25 Attenuator,and it sounded awful.

I have to admit i tried the Weber with a different programme and it also sounded terrible.

So i have sent Boogie an email to ask questions regarding 3rd party IR's and a question about
Cabclone,hopefully they will get back to me soon.

Alan

No i took the 8 ohm speaker out from the Boogie to the in of the Weber,then the Line Out from
The Weber to the Input of my interface.

I didn't know I could use the Fx out and still have the amp protected by the Weber?

I fired off an email to Boogie asking the if the standalone will do it,no reply yet.

The amp is protected by the Weber regardless of whether you use the line out from the Weber. Make sure the Weber is still connected to the amp output, but instead of using the line level out from the Weber, use the FX out from the amp.

I've just joined up because I was really interested in this thread, so hopefully this isn't out of place.
Anyway, I'm thinking about getting the mark V:25 and would like to be able to use impulses with it.

As has already been pointed out, the built in cab clone doesn't allow you to not use speaker simulation. Would it be possible (at least from a signal processing point of view) to create an impulse of the cab clone's response and use this to *remove* the speaker simulation before processing with the desired impulse response?

astrocreep said:
I've just joined up because I was really interested in this thread, so hopefully this isn't out of place.
Anyway, I'm thinking about getting the mark V:25 and would like to be able to use impulses with it.

As has already been pointed out, the built in cab clone doesn't allow you to not use speaker simulation. Would it be possible (at least from a signal processing point of view) to create an impulse of the cab clone's response and use this to *remove* the speaker simulation before processing with the desired impulse response?

Interesting question and Im not sure the answer to it. I will say this however. I have started using my Axe FX cab sims with cab clone and it sounds pretty **** good. And that is all the Axe FX cab sims are is impulses.

You might just have to EQ in some high's but I bet you could find a tone you like.

Back