Static noise on all channels when phone is near

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankim

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I seem to be getting some static noises when the phone is near the amp for some reason. Its loudest on ch3 and faint on ch1. It is intermittent but quite annoying :( .. Is this normal ? Been trying to jam with the aid of some bluetooth speakers but the random static noise is ruining all the fun!!

Bankim said:
Hey guys,
I seem to be getting some static noises when the phone is near the amp for some reason. Its loudest on ch3 and faint on ch1. It is intermittent but quite annoying :( .. Is this normal ? Been trying to jam with the aid of some bluetooth speakers but the random static noise is ruining all the fun!!
Unfortunately that is normal, and is no fault of the amp. At practice I keep my phone on a table across the room for the same reasons.

Dom

Mobile phones spray out a lot of random and periodic noise. They talk to Bluetooth devices, cell towers, etc., even when they are not in use as phones. They are worse than computers in that respect. Best kept away from anything with lots of gain.

elvis said:
Mobile phones spray out a lot of random and periodic noise. They talk to Bluetooth devices, cell towers, etc., even when they are not in use as phones. They are worse than computers in that respect. Best kept away from anything with lots of gain.

They will interfere with a solid state (clean) bass amp as well....as I said, any amp with a transformer will pick up interference from your cell phone (and wi-fi, computer monitors, dimmer switches/rheostats, etc) Thanks!

Yeah, wait until you're in a "non-digital" area and you get a call (and your phone is by your amp). It sounds like a freaking helicopter with a machine gun! :shock:

Hello!

This noise is normal when the phone is close to the amp. The amp is amplifying the siganl from the phone, when it always try to connect to the phone tower and if other devices is paired with the phone, this happens.

Back