Lead boost pedal new mini mark 5:25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trialandrews

Reaction score
Any great in "front of the amp" pedal suggestions in order to give some extra sustain, and maybe a hair of volume on the channel 2 (2c+ or mark iv) for solo's in live situations with the new mini mark 5?

The Mark v is new for me and i don't wish to buy a lot OD pedals before finding the best one :)

A pedal that does't ruin the beautiful tone of the Mark 5, just a good little kick for solo's...

Thanks!

I'm using a DC Pedals Dr. Klon. It's great for boosting for a lead tone. Sounds great with my Mini Mark!

Suhr Koko boost is one. A little mid bump can bring you out in the mix without relying solely on volume. Otherwise, boosting or using an overdrive pedal in front of the amp will only give you more gain saturation, and not much of a volume bump. An eq pedal or something like the TC Spark booster mini in the loop would work great to NOT color your tone but give you a volume boost.

My favorites with the mini rec are, Barber Gain Changer, Timmy and SHO clone. If you are looking for a little extra magic, the SHO clone is a must try pedal. The first two are two of the best mild OD pedals ever, but the SHO is magic with the Mini, and I will bet it is with the V25 too. Just big fat juicy notes flying out of the amp.

Thanks guys! I tried a maxon vop9....great results! The bass is there, just more grit and sustain!

Barber tone press would be my pedal choice, but I'm setting up the amp's graphic EQ to be my lead boost. Ymmv

Latest posts

Back