New Mark V on the Way- Plastic Webbing on Preamp Tubes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Der JD

Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker on this forum and a big fan of Boogies. I had a Triaxis/2:90 several years ago.

Getting back into BoogieWorld and have a new Mark V on the way. Super stoked! Should have it tomorrow!

The manual mentions plasic webbing that must be removed from the power and preamp tubes before using. Looks like the preamp tubes have metal covers. There will be webbing on the tubes under the metal covers? I am I going to have to dig in and remove preamp tube covers before I can even play it? I'm aware of the difficulty many have mentioned in terms of changing preamp tubes so I'm just hoping there's not going to be a hassle right from the start.

Der JD said:
I'm a long time lurker on this forum and a big fan of Boogies. I had a Triaxis/2:90 several years ago.

Getting back into BoogieWorld and have a new Mark V on the way. Super stoked! Should have it tomorrow!

The manual mentions plasic webbing that must be removed from the power and preamp tubes before using. Looks like the preamp tubes have metal covers. There will be webbing on the tubes under the metal covers? I am I going to have to dig in and remove preamp tube covers before I can even play it? I'm aware of the difficulty many have mentioned in terms of changing preamp tubes so I'm just hoping there's not going to be a hassle right from the start.

The webbing used to be on power tubes, but unless its older stock should not have any. Enjoy!

Authorized Boogie said:
Der JD said:

The webbing used to be on power tubes, but unless its older stock should not have any. Enjoy!

In a word, "No". No need to dig webbing from under the metal covers.

Thanks for the responses. Can't wait to get it. It's on the brown truck right now but it seems the babysitter has left the house so there may not be anyone available to receive it today :(

Latest posts

Back