Foot Controller on or off your board

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredhead72

Reaction score
So, I usually have my main pedal board that I only use with my Mark V and a "road" board with my "b" pedals that I take to rehearsals and jam sessions to use with the amps at the studio.

The boogie foot controller is on my main board and I can reach all the functions easily... however, the thing is huge and takes up a lot of real estate. Last night, I rearranged my main board so I would only have 1 going forward - I removed the boogie controller and just place it in front of the board. Since the Mark V combo is so heavy, I usually don't take it out to jam.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Do you put the controller on your board or leave it off to the side?

Anyone have a better idea?

Currently the FS is off my pedal board
and placed to the left of it. Use to put
it on my pedal board but I'm working
on a project that requires more effects
than my punk rock cover band.

It's really not that bad considering all
that it does but it does seem to get
bulkier as my pedalboard gets more
occupied.

There are alternatives but it's more $$$.

jb's 52 - I completely agree. When I was just playing in a basic hard rock/metal band I had the room, but now that we're experimenting with Post-Rock, I had to load up the board. I spend enough money on pedals... I don't need to buy something else just to get rid of the foot controller.

I'll also admit that I like the way the board looks with lots of cool pedals on it :)

pivot said:
Mini Amp Gizmo with a small midi controller I use the l6 m9

Nice to hear, I'm planning to do the same with the m9! I currently have it on the board but it is bulky.

I bought an EC Pedals Super Switcher, like a lot of other switchers it can control the MKVs Channels, EQ and Solo with the 4 cable method. So my main A board (PT-3) is set up with my best 8 pedals (one for each loop on the switcher) and the switcher, which either changes channels and pedals in presets, or can be used manually.

My B, back up/practice board (PT-2) has pedals that can create similar sounds, but no switching. And I built it to hold the MKVs foot switch when using it instead of the A board with the MKV. Or I can place the smaller foot switches of the other amps I use in the same spot when I use it with the other amps.

A
photo+1.JPG

B
photo+2.JPG

SteveO said:
I use my board with multiple amps, so the footswitch stays off.

The same same decision, exactly the same reason. I need a 'neutral' board that performs equally well with any of my Mesas, so all amp controllers and footswitches stay off. Also, there's no noise gate (not necessary with every amp / music style I do) nor even a tuner (I also need to use it with an acoustic orchestral instrument so it would have been kind of silly to attach it to a guitar pedal board).

Besides, my board is crammed enough as it is.

The only changes I make to my pedalboard from time to time are the distortion pedals - I swap them in and out based on which amp(s) I'm taking with me to a band jam. I'm using a separate metal strip for they so they are easy to swap. Normally you'd see a Bogner Ecstacy Blue and a Wampler Triple Wreck here, but last time I wanted something different:

(Warning - image below is not for the faint of heart. It is not a pretty picture. I value functionality over aesthetics.)

The signal path goes (not obvious from the picture):
guitar -> Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q -> Boss PS-6 Harmonist -> Visual Sound Route 66 -> distortion 1 (usually a Wampler) -> distortion 2 (usually Bogner Ecstacy Blue or a Marshall-in-a-box pedal) -> amp -> fx loop send -> MXR EQ -> TC Electronic Nova Modulator -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Boss Digital Delay DD-7 -> TC Electronic Trinity Reverb -> fx loop return
12913373.jpg

Latest posts

Back