Popping Sound on my Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkV

Reaction score
My Mark V has started popping on all channels with no input into the amp (about once a second). It is not popping on standby. The same time I noticed this, the amp started picking up more radio waves- mostly sermons.

Is something happening to my tubes?

Interesting.

Popping like that would probably mean a worn power tube. However, there is also a chance it could be a bad preamp tube.

If you've had your tubes for more than a couple of years, it may be time to think about re-tubing the whole thing.

Expensive, but you may be surprised at how much your tone improves. Over time, we get used to the the very slowly degrading quality of our tone.

Thanks for the tip. Any recommendations on retubing?

Did you get this resolved? I am curious to know what the problem was. Picking up some sort of radio signal makes me think of some sort of shielding problem. Was it a tube? I wonder if it was related to your household current. Curious...

J

It looks like there is an issue with the household current when there is snow on the ground because the sound goes away with the snow.

Back