Strymon Timeline with Mark V.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jckessler

Reaction score
Anyone else here running a Strymon timeline with MarkV? I just got one for xmas and its great. I put it in the loop. Sounds amazing.

I played around with it for about 2 hours last night and I did have a blast with all of the patches and the looper.

I always end up on a slap-back type delay for a general sound. Just wanted to see what other settings anyone else was using with their timeline.

Seems to me a midi foot controller is a necessity to get the full capabilities of the timeline as well.

I have a Nova delay instead of the Timeline. But I do have the Strymon Mobius and - yeah you can get lost for hours with the thing. Congrats on the Timeline. Strymon makes great products.

10353528_10152285498665749_6163210396169087069_o.jpg

Sounds great in the loop to me and I've always hated using loops in other amps so far.

@Deijavoo,,,i just got a timeline on friday,but only had about 10 minutes to play with it so far...this thing is amazing...im running mine so far through the front...definately will post an update when i get more familiar with it......your set up looks great,,,mobius will be my next pedal,,,want to keep it simple,,,im comming from a huge rack full of stuff with my 2:90 rig to "back to the floor" with the MKV.........what is the eq pedal you have in the corner...i see you have everything going to the back?

No it's Korg poly tuner, POG 2 and Mobius in front, then Timeline and Big Sky in the loop. I normally hate using loops but this one seems to work for me and I really can't explain why. I normally use all sorts of percussive stuff with delays in the front end.

Love Strymon gear.

Deijavoo said:
No it's Korg poly tuner, POG 2 and Mobius in front, then Timeline and Big Sky in the loop. I normally hate using loops but this one seems to work for me and I really can't explain why. I normally use all sorts of percussive stuff with delays in the front end.

Love Strymon gear.
very cool thanks,,,,,cant wait to have a few hrs.to play with the pedal....im really diggin strymon products as well..
i was running a g major in the loop but didnt like it too much....but will try the timeline in there..what is the switch next to the tuner...

There isn't one mate, maybe the cable end?

I used to use a buffer at the front end but honestly no need now it's just a few going in front now. Plus Strymon have awesome buffers if you decide to use them.

sorry i thought i saw a little black footpedal next to the poly tuner...
do you mind explaining the buffer thing,,,dought i need it anyway

thanks dom that was a great article,,i learned alot...i been using my MKV for a long time without any effects,,,so i finally got the timeline...
i highly dought i will need a buffer with that....forever i played a 2:90 triaxis rig with all the rack gear...and never had any problems there...
thanks for that lesson..

Latest posts

Back