Disappointed in Mark V effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hendrik84

Reaction score
I just bought a volume pedal to use for swells and such. I got the VP Jr 25k because I wanted to use it in my effects loop. Well, what's very disapointing is that the Mark V still let's some sound through when I have my pedal turned all the way down. It's acting like a parallel loop instead of a series loop?(although I'm no expert on that).

And it's definitely not the volume pedal, if I put it up front it completely mutes the sound heel down. But I can't use it there since it's an active(treble freq just vanish).

:(

I never thought a volume pedal in the loop would work.
Learn something new everyday.

Truth be told, none of my pedals but a Catalinbread Semaphore
sounds good in the loop. I just don't use it and stick everything
up front to simplify my set up.

jb's 52 said:
I never thought a volume pedal in the loop would work.
Learn something new everyday.

Truth be told, none of my pedals but a Catalinbread Semaphore
sounds good in the loop. I just don't use it and stick everything
up front to simplify my set up.

+1 for front loading :wink:

There is a small amount of bleed from the preamp that bypasses the loop. I can't remember the reasoning behind it, though.

the tubes perform two functions, the bleed through occurs between those two function inside one or more of the preamp tubes, I suppose only the ones that drive the loop.....

I would try the volume pedal up front. I used to use my guitar volume knob for swells. And that is up front :lol:

I hated my MKV. Sold it for a bit of a loss and I have no love for the KMV.... But the loop? It was fine. I used a Wah and volume pedal up front with no issues.

Latest posts

Back