Wrap your power cable within the amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamland

Reaction score
I love my Mark V head, but there are some design issues I don't like, such as the hole in the bottom, and the power cable.
Why the didn't put the plug for the cable facing back instead of facing down behind a support block is beyond me.
So here's my solution. I bought some cheap plastic boat cleats from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XAGCYQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and screwed them into the support blocks. Now I can wrap the power cable around those instead of stuffing it under the tubes or taking the whole thing out and possible forgetting it on a gig.
These cleats do the job, but if I were to do it again, I'd try to get a little longer than these 3" ones, and a little higher. But, they can't be wider or else the cable won't wrap.

ampback.jpg

I may have to do this. They definitely make it tough to just unplug the thing like I do with other amps.

Nice, I'm gonna look into that! Its a pain in the *** stuffing that cable into the bottom of the head so I can get my roadcase top on.

Now you have to ask yourself.....why didn't they think of that :idea: I think you should send it to them!

Yes great idea to wrap our mains leads in this way. Take a look at the EVH 5150 100 head they already have this idea in place plus an fx true bypass on floorboard with no external switch. Look at the EVH 5150 50watt lunch box amp and TILT back cab locking amp to cab like the old fenders. Why are 50watt Marshall heads so big? More amp manufactures should look more closely at the competition and build us a more convenient, lightweight practical amp.

Latest posts

Back