Pedal Tuner Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATR1

Reaction score
I have a new TC polytune pedal. I have been noticing a rotory kind of noise in the back ground when pedal is off. More noticeable in channel 3. More gain more noise. I have this in the front of my amp. gtr>wah>polytune>nova drive>front amp. Does anybody else have this issue? Should I run polytune in tuner out slot? Will it burn up there? What is everybody else using for tuners & what position? I only have this issue on stage. I am thinking I am get interference from some other source(lighting) I have a Monster Pro 1000 that I plug my gear into. I power my pedals with DC Brick:?

I have the Polytune as well. Never had an issue with it.

I run gtr>polytune>wah>chorus>phase 90>TC shaker>ISP decimator>amp

TC hall of fame reverb and TC nova delay in loop.

I checked again this morning and same thing so I switch to a separate power source. No change. I decided to switch route to Gtr>Polytune>DimeWah>ND>amp. Nova system> boss RC30>loop. Same problem. Then I pulled my Dimewah out of chain and noise went away. Huh! Looks like my Dimewah doesn't like to play nice with tuner. I like my wah. I may have to find a difference tuner or go thru tuner out of amp. I just don't want to burn it up as read about other tuners.. I can put Decimator in front. That may fix noise too..

I have a Turbo Tuner by Sonic Research. It is silent.
You could get a single loop true bypass pedal and run your tuner in the loop. It may be cheaper to get a different tuner.

I had same with polytune and a tremolo on a one spot. I think the tremolo dips the voltage just enough to make it an issue for the polytune.

Not noticeable when I'm playing, and goes away on battery so I just use a battery on gigs and the mute switch at practice. Might also be cured with a better PS if you don't have one already.

What is everybody else using for tuners with Mark V and where in signal? Tuner out? Loop? Front? :?:

polytuner with the Jerry Cantrell wah. No problems at all. Check your cables! the cable from your guitar to tuner or tuner to wah could be the culprit.
There is a company that has a true bypass plate that is touch sensitivity to turn the wah on and off without clicking the button.

Good to know. Its definitely my Dimebag Wah. I think it is picking up the lights some how. Disconnected on board till I can fix. I placed tuner in tuner out of amp. seems fine there.

I had that problem with one of my pedals it would pick up am religious radio stations too. I spent allot of time researching the problem and trying to fix it in the end just got a different pedal.

I use a One Control OC10 switcher so the Polytune Mini has its own dead-end signal path.

I had the same wah a few years back. Found it would pick up noise if it was too close to the power supply. I had the brick mounted under my pedal board, it happened to be directly under the wah. Moving the power supply to the other side of the board fixed it.

I tried plugging polytune in tuner out of amp and get squealing? Amp tuner>Pedal input :?

Try a different cable and if that doesnt work try re-flashing the firmware on the polytune if it is the larger version.

I'm running my Polytune first, then OCD>Phase90>Carbon Copy> ISP Decimator>Amp. No trouble with that set up, but I have many brain farts, and hit the tuner, shutting down my signal, instead of the OCD, my ideal would be to run the Tuner Out from the amp to the Polytune, and move the tuner to the less active end of my pedalboard (footswitch, Sonic Stomp that I run in the Loop). I cant seem to get the Tuner Out to work, when I hit Mute on the footswitch with the Polytune on, it wont respond to the guitar...Any suggestions?

I have a Twin City Bones ABY, I was thinking about using the A output to the Mark V, and the B output to the tuner... Switching from A to B should mute the amp and allow me to tune...maybe...?

Back