2x12" vs. 4x12"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myrup

Reaction score
Hello fellow boogie nerds! Listen im considering a 2x12" boogie cab instead of my 4x12". Im in an apartment and with no band, and im gonna use loadbox for recording so i dont see the reason for this monster... Question: about the sound, will i loose punch??? Its the same speakers in both cabs...

2x12.
I traded in a Road King with a 4x12 Rectifier full size cab for a Mark V and a 2x12 (I have a post showing it) You do lose some of that warmth and umph from the 4x12, but... 2x12s take up much less room, are much easier to move, and still sound pretty **** good. You could even consider buying another 2x12 and stack it or spread it in the future. It would still be easier to move.

i'd get a 1x12 for your place. would NEVER get rid of the 4X12 though . BIG MISTAKE, use it as furniture if you don't use it LOL...

ricorocks said:
i'd get a 1x12 for your place. would NEVER get rid of the 4X12 though . BIG MISTAKE, use it as furniture if you don't use it LOL...
i agree :) i just got a 2x12 recto for the MKV....it sounds almost the same as my straight/slant 4x12 recto cab that i was using with my 2;90 rig.....
just not as loud volume wise,,,,,,get the 2x12
i will never sell the 4x12 :twisted:

I had a sound engineer of my old band convince me to go from a 4x12 the 2x12, mainly due to convenience. I get his thought process, but it's a year later and I'm back with a 4x12. I have even tried 2 2x12s, still, nothing sounds like a 4x12 to me. It just sounds more full and actually projects more in the mid range. For me it's like going from 480 to 1080p, it has a more HD quality to it. If the physical size of the cab isn't an issue then keep it. The volume difference between a 4x12 and 2x12 isnt super drastic, so IMO it's worth just sticking with a 4x12. I would use the load Box for stuff at home and gig with the 4x12 and not worry about a 2X12.

Latest posts

Back