Mark V Ch3 Metal tone video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually hang out in the "Recto" section of the Forum, but occasionally head over to see what you Mark V guys are up to.

Well, THAT IS ONE HELL OF A METAL TONE. Thick, crunchy, while also having a smoothness with great definition.
I think I need to add a Mark V to my Mesa collection. :)

Nomad100 said:
I think I need to add a Mark V to my Mesa collection. :)

Don't we all? :lol:

Great stuff man. Classic Mesa metal shiz. Tasteful riffing too!

bucketbot said:
Care to post the knob, switch & slider settings? :wink:

Man to be honest I really didnt document my settings. I usually do be when I was tweakin the mic placement I adjusted a few knobs and dont remember how I had it set. But this pic is usually where I have my knobs set. And remember I had Ch3 boosted with an OCD pedal.

87FE047E.jpg

Adambomb said:
bucketbot said:
Care to post the knob, switch & slider settings? :wink:

Man to be honest I really didnt document my settings. I usually do be when I was tweakin the mic placement I adjusted a few knobs and dont remember how I had it set. But this pic is usually where I have my knobs set. And remember I had Ch3 boosted with an OCD pedal.

87FE047E.jpg

Cool! :mrgreen:
Nice composition! Sounds great...also sounds like you got quite a bit of effects processing goin on there. :wink:
Sounds like a 2nd Guitar part in there at times or a doubler effect or something :?:

Also assume in Pentode?

Yea there are some compression and then some reverb and delay on solo. Yes in Pentode. I know it's not really a good straight up demo of the amp but more of just a song I composed with layered guitars.

Adambomb said:
Yea there are some compression and then some reverb and delay on solo. Yes in Pentode. I know it's not really a good straight up demo of the amp but more of just a song I composed with layered guitars.

Either way buddy it sounds pretty **** good esp if it's your own composition. :wink:

As you can see from my name I'm a Buckethead fan & as such not really much of a fan of more extreme Metal stuff.
In fact your playing actually pit me in mind of him!
Your composition was well structured & very melodic whilst still being very Metal! :twisted:
Nice work!

Like you I have had some good results pushing the amp with am OD pedal, I'm using the TC Nova Drive which works well for that & can produce quite a bit of colouration with combinations of the OD & DIST sections of it combined.

On the subject of pedals having listened to a demo I'm also seriously considering investing in the new Blackstar HT Metal pedal which sounds great & may just get me to places that the Mk V can't quite reach. :twisted:

Nice PRS, just added a studio to my arsenal which I'm very chuffed with!

Latest posts

Back