My magic Mark V settings for today!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjboogie

Reaction score
Had rehearsals all week for an upcoming tour. Heading to Japan, New Zealand & Dubai. Anyways all week I tweaked my amp to the rehearsal room of course but anyways I finally locked into some tones that were really magic for me. I was playing my 2000 American Strat with n3 noiseless pickups. I chose to bring my 1x12 open back Mesa Cab with a C90 in it just because it was smaller and lighter than my other cab.

Anyways these were my settings and man they REALLY MADE ME A HAPPY MAN!!!! I love discovered new things in this bad boy amp!

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

Cool! :mrgreen:

Basically, the cab you are using with your MkV head is the same or very similar to the sounds achievable with the MkV combo with the C90 speaker. Personally, I find your post very refreshing because I really love the sounds I am able to achieve out of my MkV combo with the C90 speaker using an HSS strat type guitar.

Many people on this forum seem to prefer the MkV head with alternate cab/speaker choices (which is fine), and I can understand/appreciate that as well. Anyway, it is nice to know that you are really liking the sounds that you have recently dialed up through a 112 cab with C90 speaker!

Have fun, and best of luck on your upcoming tour!! :mrgreen:

MBJunkie said:
Cool! :mrgreen:

Basically, the cab you are using with your MkV head is the same or very similar to the sounds achievable with the MkV combo with the C90 speaker. Personally, I find your post very refreshing because I really love the sounds I am able to achieve out of my MkV combo with the C90 speaker using an HSS strat type guitar.

Many people on this forum seem to prefer the MkV head with alternate cab/speaker choices (which is fine), and I can understand/appreciate that as well. Anyway, it is nice to know that you are really liking the sounds that you have recently dialed up through a 112 cab with C90 speaker!

Have fun, and best of luck on your upcoming tour!! :mrgreen:

Thanks yeah I usually use a 2x12 vertical cab with C90's but I didn't feel like lugging it to rehearsal! lol

Gosh my ears hurts just looking at your Treble and Presence knobs... JK. Hey we all got good tastes in our own way. I like the C90 if it didn't have as many highs thats why I use the V30 and right now I'm not even liking that. See I like really cranking my MKV and when your standing off stage with the amp cranked, well Me anyway, I gotta run trebles no more that 10 or 11 and presence at around 9 on both channels. Now at low volume higher frequencies sound great, but when your playing a show with a 4x12 cab, those settings can kill my ears. Anyway I have found settings really similar to yours and loved for awhile... thats the great thing about the V... when you change tastes in tone... it's can conform to about any sound. Good luck on the tour man!!!

Adambomb said:
Gosh my ears hurts just looking at your Treble and Presence knobs... JK. Hey we all got good tastes in our own way. I like the C90 if it didn't have as many highs thats why I use the V30 and right now I'm not even liking that. See I like really cranking my MKV and when your standing off stage with the amp cranked, well Me anyway, I gotta run trebles no more that 10 or 11 and presence at around 9 on both channels. Now at low volume higher frequencies sound great, but when your playing a show with a 4x12 cab, those settings can kill my ears. Anyway I have found settings really similar to yours and loved for awhile... thats the great thing about the V... when you change tastes in tone... it's can conform to about any sound. Good luck on the tour man!!!

Yeah these settings are OLD now! LOL........the presence isn't that high any longer and I have actually started using a frown shape on the graphic eq!

It changes from room to room. Anyways I just got road cases for my rig. Ready to get it out there and crank it up!

jjboogie said:
Adambomb said:

Yeah these settings are OLD now! LOL........the presence isn't that high any longer and I have actually started using a frown shape on the graphic eq!

It changes from room to room. Anyways I just got road cases for my rig. Ready to get it out there and crank it up!

Oh man I didn't see how old the thread was. Dang Boogie Board used to be a great forum with lots of threads everyday but now seem like it's kinda dies off. Makes me wonder what forums all the Boogie heads are on now.

Adambomb said:
jjboogie said:
Adambomb said:

Oh man I didn't see how old the thread was. Dang Boogie Board used to be a great forum with lots of threads everyday but now seem like it's kinda dies off. Makes me wonder what forums all the Boogie heads are on now.

I agree that this forum is slower than others, where it's even hard to keep the pace lol.

Back