Old Mesa 4x12 Electrovoice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulisse

Reaction score
Hello from Italy. I'm new on this forum.
I'm looking for a Mesa 4x12 for my MarkV (I love this amp :D ) I was interested to buy a 4x12 Traditonal cab, but a guy suggested me an old Mesa 4x12 half open back metal grille with EV speakers. The problem is that I can't test it, so I ask to you if this a good cab for my amp. Here in Italy I can't have many information about this cab...
Thanks for answers and for the good tips that I read on this forum.

Hello from England.
Dunno which cab you've been offered but if it's got EV 12M or Ls in it - go for it.They are the perfect match for ANY Boogie amp - on the the gig - not at home.The EV's will give you headroom to spare. Yes they are clinical and they are bright and they will highlight your mistakes, but they are the perfect match. I never fully grasped why they stopped using them as an option with their Black Shadow EVs until I realised just how expensive they are. And as a true - Brit I can tell you that Celestions are just not the same anymore. I am a gigging Boogie owner and lover of over thirty years standing and have been through almost the lot and for me there is no better marriage betwixt EV and Boogie and I think Mr Smith knows it too.

Get it without a doubt. I totally agree with ave. I have a half back 4x12 with four evm 12L speakers and I have yet to try anything better. I have tried all the major speaker brands and cabinets and nothing sounds as good.

I would jump on that in a heartbeat. The EVM12L Black shadows would do the Mark V a world of justice. I could not find one here in the US so I refurbished my old OS Recto with EV black labels (a bit different than the Mesa black shadow versions but close enough). Also at gig level you cannot beat the EV speaker. V30's sound thin compared to the EV. If the speakers have the huge magnet and the aluminum basket that would be them.

Back