Spring Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rkorn

Reaction score
Hey guys.
This thing, is really bothering me.

When carrying the MV the springs on the reverb tank 'sing' a lot!!! This noise gets my heart pumping as if i was damaging the amp...
Is there a way around these noises? for it to stop making these noises? or are these quite normal and i should just let it go!

Cause sometimes i think, are these noises really coming from the springs??? even though knowing they are... are they???

Even if doing 10 kph they still 'sing'...
I already have a Mark V, the Mercedes with air suspension will be the next thing to provide comfort for the MV.
I imagine the beating that Dream Theater, Lamb of God and all the rest give to their amps!!! The thing is they have a tech on the spot to get all of the amp running nice again!!

What, do you think they teleported the amp from Petaluma to your house? It's been in the back of a truck before, you know.

Don't worry about it.

I'll stop worrying!!!
Now, another astonishing feature of my MV.
I recently moved, only today I brought the MV to this new house... i can hear radio through it!!!!
I didn't move the amp... i thought about it but then i just kept on playing.

What do you guys think? Bad cable? Bad tube?? I know it is not the amp itself as this has happened before to some other guys here with different amps!!!!

Guitar pickups and guitar cables are antenna.

Shielding the pickup cavity and using a quality shielded cable can reduce this, but some places are just plain noisy.

I hate that noise! I wish their was a way to lock the springs down when you are transporting the head. It doesn't hurt anything for them to rattle around, but it's just annoying moreso than anything.

Rkorn said:
I'll stop worrying!!!
Now, another astonishing feature of my MV.
I recently moved, only today I brought the MV to this new house... i can hear radio through it!!!!
I didn't move the amp... i thought about it but then i just kept on playing.

What do you guys think? Bad cable? Bad tube?? I know it is not the amp itself as this has happened before to some other guys here with different amps!!!!

This could also be coming in through the AC power. Are you using any kind of quality Power Conditioner?

Dom

Latest posts

Back