Help! I've got a problem with my effects loop on the Mark V!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udertyrat

Reaction score
Hi all:

I bought my Mark V a few months ago and really love the amp. I haven't been using any pedals and didn't even try the loop... until yesterday.

That's when it started. Here's what happened.

I tried 3 pedals, 1 at a time, in the loop. Each time I used something, there was a significant drop in volume, even when the level was at 100%. When the loop was on and the pedal was disengaged, the volume came back to where it was before I put something in the loop.

OK, so maybe the loop is hotter than pedals. I get that. The other thing I found was that when the loop is off (via footswitch), I can turn the level of the loop up/down and it raises/lowers the volume on the amplifier! Has anyone else experienced this? Am I missing something here?

I sure don't have theses issues with my DC-5.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Here's an update:

I used a line level rack unit, my Hush 2C, in the loop and there were no problems with loss of volume (tone sucking). My concern is the loop volume. I just want to be sure that it is supposed to function the way mine does. I did not see anything about it in the manual.

I also tried some pedals in it and turned the volume all the way down in the loop. Still some tone sucking.

I just want to make sure that my amp is working the way it should.

Again, thanks in advance for your comments.

The problem is likely your pedals, or at least one of them. Some pedals aren't meant for line-level signals, and will not work well in a loop. You said that everything was fine with the Hush in the loop, so that can give you a pretty good idea that the loop is not the culprit.

Thanks. Is it normal for the loop volume to raise/lower the overall volume of the amp even when it's disengaged (via footswitch)?

udertyrat said:
Thanks. Is it normal for the loop volume to raise/lower the overall volume of the amp even when it's disengaged (via footswitch)?

I don't have my MKV here to test this but I believe it's normal as I know for sure that's how my Roadster behaves.

Dom

Back