Got a Mark V head today!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilEmuOfDoom

Reaction score
I bought it from another forum member JLBoogie who was absolutely awesome to deal with so someone buy his lonestar cab already! ;)

I can't believe how awesome this amp is at low volumes even on the 90W setting! As much as I liked the TA-15, returning it and getting this was definitely the right choice. I can't wait to get some time to sit down and really tweak it.

Congrats & Welcome Aboard !
I'm using 90w at bedroom now. I used to use 45w, but I found out it sounds little bit fizzy to me.

Welcome aboard

The 10W setting can also produce outstanding sounds when playing at home - I overlooked it for a while, but can't get enough of the Class A response now, particularly in Ch 1 Tweed :D

Worth a try

I just discovered 10w using the variac setting. Talk about killer blues tones, on channel one fat I'm running the the master and output wide open with gain at 9. It drives the power section real nice. The problem is I'm out of volume, to do it in 45w is too loud.

Vogelsong said:
I just discovered 10w using the variac setting. Talk about killer blues tones, on channel one fat I'm running the the master and output wide open with gain at 9. It drives the power section real nice. The problem is I'm out of volume, to do it in 45w is too loud.

get yourself one of these and run it in the 45 watt mode/90 watt mode.

http://www.revengeamps.com/

middle of the page.

love mine. absolutely LOVE mine.

yeti said:
get yourself one of these and run it in the 45 watt mode/90 watt mode.

http://www.revengeamps.com/

middle of the page.

love mine. absolutely LOVE mine.
At that price it's **** tempting....

I still haven't had a chance to really put much time into the amp (and it's killing me!) due to a stupid fingernail infection. It's hard to play guitar with a swollen/painful left ring finger :( Looks like it may be another week or more too *sigh*

Hey I sold you that amp with the understanding it was to be played at least three hours a day!! Work through the pain!! just kidding, hope you get to enjoy it soon

JLBoogie said:
Hey I sold you that amp with the understanding it was to be played at least three hours a day!! Work through the pain!! just kidding, hope you get to enjoy it soon
LOL, it wouldn't be as bad had I not got to play it at all. I just got enough play time in to start to see how freaking awesome it is when fate ripped it from my hands!

PS - Thanks again btw ;) I couldn't be happier with it... well, that's a lie, I would be happier freaking playing it! :p

Latest posts

Back