No reverb on the Mark V Tweed setting

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyDee

Reaction score
H;
Just got my Mark v the other day.
I'm not hearing reverb when I switch to channel 1 to the Tweed setting.
Am I missing something ?
Thanks
Tony

Hey LP;
Thanks for your reply.
Did you ever come across an explanation for this ?
Could it be the actual Tweed doesn't / didn't have a "deep" reverb ?
Thanks
TonyDee

I don't believe that Fender ever built a tweed amp with reverb (the real tweeds, in the '50s).

So what, just because Fender never did a Tweed with reverb doesn't mean Mesa try it. It bewilders the imagination why Mesa has chosen to do this reverb drop on both the Mark V and the Roadster/Road Kings. I wonder if it is because of some issue with noise, or the circuit itself. After all, why not give users the choice. Its not like a user couldn't just turn the reverb off to get that classic Tweed tone.

Would be great to know why

We then could eventually tweak

Roland for need Reverb

Yea this irritates me too, in order for me to play tweed with reverb I have to go home and play my tweed with my reverb unit old school.

And thats what guys like my grandfather did back then. He wanted reverb with the bandmaster so he made the choice and bought a reverb unit.

Why can't Mesa use that logic in building this amp.

There is reverb there... you have to turn it way up to hear it though. If you noticed on clean mode the verb is really loud. fat is a little less therefore you have to adjust the verb knob up..and tweed is less verb still...just turn it up...

I just play devil advocate. I don't use the amp reverb, never exactly because of this reverb level drop. But yes I do change the clean channel occasionally between CLEAN to TWEED.

I've seemed to notice that the reverb intensity increases (even without increasing reverb amount on the back of the amp) when you run the Master level for Channel 1 higher. This is what I do (and bring the volume down with the overall control) to get a good spanky reverb sound (a la The Black Keys). Try it out.

Back