Mark V blew a fuse today at practice...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vogelsong

Reaction score
I turned on the amp, and I will admit that I turned the standby switch on only a few seconds after turning on the amp which I never do. Why I did it this time I don't know.

I think I figured the mute button is going to get turned on immediately and I would tune up so it wouldn't matter. Usually it sits a little before I do anything but today I was running late.

Anyway, I took a few minutes to tune, turned off mute, and hit a few chords and then nothing. Pulled fuse, replaced it with ones I had leftover from the LSS and played for 2 hours with no problems.

So I have no idea what caused it. All the tubes appeared to be fine, no fireworks, I play on 45 watts at all channels so the rec tube shouldn't be an issue. For now I'm chalking it up to a fluke.

But I have to get fuses I think the amperage on the LSS fuses I have are lower than the one I pulled out of the Mark V. I have to check this.

I had a similar thing happen to my old combo when ran it at a local rehearsal studio.
Whatever happened, it appeared to be resolved when the guys undid the fuse, checked it and replaced it.

It only did that at that one location, so Im guessing it was local power related shenaniganry that somehow tripped out the amp.

Boognoob said:
I had a similar thing happen to my old combo when ran it at a local rehearsal studio.
Whatever happened, it appeared to be resolved when the guys undid the fuse, checked it and replaced it.

It only did that at that one location, so Im guessing it was local power related shenaniganry that somehow tripped out the amp.

Yea it was weird, Im gonna go and spend some time with it before the next gig and see if it acts up again.

OK so the Mark V takes a 4 amp fuse and the fuse I put in last night was a 2 amp that I had left over from the LSS days. So if anything quirky was going on that would have caused even a slight up tic in voltage the 2 amp should have gone and it didn't.

So I'm gonna just keep an eye on it at this point and see how things go.

Back