Mark V : Stereo configuration with Mesa 2:50 + G-Force + CAE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gobnew

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to know if you use your MARK V in a stereo configuration ?

I use it with :
- the 2:50 Mesa power amp
- CAE mini mixer
- TC G-force
- 2 CAE cab 1x12

tell me how you wire it ?

CudBucket said:
How do you have all that wired up?

Thanks.

Dave

Slave Out from the Mark V > CAE mini mixer In
TC G-Force In and Out > CAE mini mixer
CAE mini mixer Out R > Input A 2:50 Mesa
CAE mini mixer Out L > Input B 2:50 Mesa

Thanks man. What role does the MiniMix serve? Why couldn't you just feed the TC from the slave out? Also, I assume this is the Suhr MiniMix?

Dave

CudBucket said:
Thanks man. What role does the MiniMix serve? Why couldn't you just feed the TC from the slave out? Also, I assume this is the Suhr MiniMix?

Dave

I'm thinking the same thing. Slave Out of the Mk V into the TC, then L/R out of the TC into the 2:50. The Slave has a level control, and the TC and level controls for input and output. You shouldn't need the mixer...
Sounds like a killer center-dry, stereo-wet setup.

Bill

CudBucket said:

Dave

Sincerely, I don't know, someone helped me for my my first rack, with CAE 3+SE and VHT power amp and I kept the Mini mixer (not the Suhr but the Custom Audio).

scienceguy said:
CudBucket said:

Dave

I'm thinking the same thing. Slave Out of the Mk V into the TC, then L/R out of the TC into the 2:50. The Slave has a level control, and the TC and level controls for input and output. You shouldn't need the mixer...
Sounds like a killer center-dry, stereo-wet setup.

Bill

I will try that, and give you my opinion.

Stupid question but....

Is it possible to use the head with a cab + the slave out with TC and power amp, it would mean I could have a dry sound directly with the head and wet sound with the power amp + TC ?

here's mine:

MK V head or MK IV with a 4x12 straight stiletto.
slave out to Eventide Eclipse
Eclipse out to a 2.90 Mesa
2.90 to 2 2x12 Recto cab
never hear better sounds :mrgreen: !!!!

littleguitar said:
here's mine:

2.90 to 2 2x12 Recto cab

Merci.
Hey Littleguitar tu es sur le forum guitariste.com, non, j'ai déjà vu certains de tes messages ?

Tu doses facilement la balance entre le son dry et wet ?

Je vais essayer cette configuration alors.

gobnew said:
Stupid question but....

Is it possible to use the head with a cab + the slave out with TC and power amp, it would mean I could have a dry sound directly with the head and wet sound with the power amp + TC ?

Absolutely. I did that with my Egnater M4 preamp. It has 2 outs, one went to a Randall Rt2/50 power amp for dry and one went to an Axe Fx/Carvin DCM150 for stereo effects.

CudBucket said:
gobnew said:
Stupid question but....

Absolutely. I did that with my Egnater M4 preamp. It has 2 outs, one went to a Randall Rt2/50 power amp for dry and one went to an Axe Fx/Carvin DCM150 for stereo effects.

Thank you for the information :D

gobnew said:
Stupid question but....

Oops - when I answered earlier I though you had a combo. If you have a head, always make sure to connect a speaker to one of the speaker outs from the head.

If I were in your situation, I'd get one more cab. :D...... Connect that directly to the Mk V head for center dry, and run the other two cabs for wet stereo on either side. (Slave out > TC > power amp > cabs).

Alternately, I'd just run a stereo setup by doing this: Mk V effects send > TC > left out goes back to effects return, right out goes to Input A of the 2:50. Turn the B channel all the way down.
OR
What you said: Head + cab = dry. Slave + 2:50 + cab = wet

gobnew said:
littleguitar said:
here's mine:

2.90 to 2 2x12 Recto cab

Merci.
Hey Littleguitar tu es sur le forum guitariste.com, non, j'ai déjà vu certains de tes messages ?

Tu doses facilement la balance entre le son dry et wet ?

Je vais essayer cette configuration alors.

Je fais ma balance avec le dry/ wet de l'Eclipse et çà va très bien !

What if I only want a stereo config with 2 cabs ?

So you are saying that I can't wire the mark V head to a power amp (with the slave OUT) without putting a cab directly on the head cabinet out ?
Why ?

gobnew said:
What if I only want a stereo config with 2 cabs ?

So you are saying that I can't wire the mark V head to a power amp (with the slave OUT) without putting a cab directly on the head cabinet out ?
Why ?

There's no way of disconnecting or turning off the power section in the Mk V head. If it doesn't "see" a speaker or a resistive load, your output section will fry.

You can still do the stereo configuration, but not stereo out of the 2:50. One side will have to come out of the Mk V, and the other side out of one channel of the 2:50. (That was my first alternate configuration suggestion)

Thank you for all these informations.
I think I have to go with the W/D/W config, it will be easier.

Latest posts

Back