Post Your Rig! Must Include a Mark V.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theroan

Reaction score
I'm happy to start and then gawk at everyone elses sweet rigs.

photo1.jpg

theroan said:
What amp is that on the bottom? How does the V stack back to back with the IV?
The bottom amp is a Mesa Satellite that serves as a stereo power section for the Mark IV, badass set up.
Well, I won't be selling my Mark IV. I need more time with my Mark V to make a fair comparison. So far I am very impressed with the Mark V for the most part.

newrig.jpg

Recently got rid of the G -- realized I'm not into a ton of effects and picked up a Replica Delay.

Unintentionally took over the other thread, so might as well post here, too... :)

DSC_0699.JPG

It's big but considerably less complex that the rack rig I've been disassembling/selling off to buy all the heads...

feb09rack.jpg

--B

theroan said:
Could you control the V with the G? Or did you need the gizmo.

You could to a certain extent but not all of the functions of the V -- I never did set it up though. If I would have kept it I probably would have gone the way of the gizmo.

theroan said:
I'm happy to start and then gawk at everyone elses sweet rigs.

photo1.jpg

I just got a vertical 2x12 recto cab!! I must say that it sounds really good and the Mark V looks a little more majestic sitting on the v212 than my old horizontal 212!!

cheers,
Supreeth

theroan said:
Totally agree, there's something emasculating about a rig that only goes to your knees lol.

LOL yeah, and seeing some of these rigs I am totally gassing for a 4x12 like you even though I don't have a vehicle in which I can transport it if I'm playing gigs. My little Mazda 3 can haul a 2x12 vertical but not sure about the 4x12!!

cheers,
Supreeth

Yeah. I think it's 105 lbs. I don't know if my car's trunk can accomodate something with a 30" width. The 32" height is not an issue since the rear seat passthrough allows you to carry long objects.

I had a 94 Toyota Tercel till the beginning of this year which like your sunbird would not die at all (until some idiot crashed into it on the freeway) :(

I always thought I would get rid of the 4x12 because it is a complete pain in the *** to haul around (*barely* fits in the back of my sedan) so I picked up a couple of Recto 2x12s with the intention of selling off the 4x12. Never happened hah.

It does sound massive with the V, I don't see how people regard the Mark series as "boxy".

Back