Mark V gutshots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvk

Reaction score
...anyone had a peek inside their Mark V and wanna share? Someone sent me these. Let's see more of the chassis if you have any.

They've fitted ALOT in a small space :shock:

Well mostly yeah :lol: just enjoy my gutshots then :D

You know, it is funny. They all look kinda different on the outside and have some different things that make us like one or another more for various reasons. Some are heavier, some are lighter, some are different colors...

The bottom line is that when you open them up they do all look the same on the inside. I would go so far as to say that if you were to run your fingers across the guts with your eyes closed, it would feel the same too...

Wait a minute, are we talking still about amps here? :mrgreen:

Jmango said:
...I would go so far as to say that if you were to run your fingers across the guts with your eyes closed, it would feel the same too...
Drugs... are bad for you :roll:

And if you ran your fingers accross the guts, you'll no doubt get a very large electric shock from the filter caps :lol:

Those are my pictures. I posted them initially here:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=37070

I think it's funny somebody sent them to you. :D

jvk said:
Jmango said:
...I would go so far as to say that if you were to run your fingers across the guts with your eyes closed, it would feel the same too...
Drugs... are bad for you :roll:

And if you ran your fingers accross the guts, you'll no doubt get a very large electric shock from the filter caps :lol:

Really depends on if she's "turned on" or not... hahahahah

phyrexia said:
Those are my pictures. I posted them initially here:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=37070

I think it's funny somebody sent them to you. :D

It's a small internet world :) thanks for posting them.

thegaindeli said:
BTW - the MKV MK IV setting sound more like the MK IIC+ with eq... IMO.
The MKV's gain at 10 is around 7.0 on my Mark IIC+. I have way more control over the tone also - even without an eq. :)
...you dont say?.....http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37701
:)
..gain wise, thats not the case with mine ..plenty of gain with the V,even vs. my B+ with the gain mod :) (a/b'd with same cabs,axe,beer,screamin' wife,etc...)as always, MMV :D

Does anyone know how to get the chassis out of the head cab? I have tried a few times, unscrewing the top 4 screws, the side screws holding the power and reverb, and still no budging. Is this because of the bolt just below the transformer? How can I get the chassis out (it's quite hard to change preamp tubes without taking it out!)?

chris.

hugsy41 said:
Does anyone know how to get the chassis out of the head cab? I have tried a few times, unscrewing the top 4 screws, the side screws holding the power and reverb, and still no budging. Is this because of the bolt just below the transformer? How can I get the chassis out (it's quite hard to change preamp tubes without taking it out!)?

chris.
pull some power tubes and sit the head on its end..allows for a better "angle for your dangle" when changing out v1,etc

lesterpaul said:
hugsy41 said:

chris.
pull some power tubes and sit the head on its end..allows for a better "angle for your dangle" when changing out v1,etc

Cheers mate, I guess that will have to do!

Latest posts

Back